• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

There has been some chatter that he might go the JUCO route where he could play immediately and then transfer to Auburn.

This thread on an AU board gives the impression that Auburn is not interested in him and that he will end up at USF.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=33999.0

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

There has been some chatter that he might go the JUCO route where he could play immediately and then transfer to Auburn.

This thread on an AU board gives the impression that Auburn is not interested in him and that he will end up at USF.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=33999.0

He would need to complete his AA in Order to do that.  Only reason Cam was one and done was he was at UF for two years before going to Juco so his AA was all but done when he arrived at JUCO. Pretty sure that you have to complete your AA before transfering into any SEC school.  Dunno about Blakely's academic situation but with just one semester under his belt it would take an extended stay at JUCO to get his AA done.  He could lose more time than neccessary by going the JUCO route. His best option as far as losing teh smallest amount of time on his clock is transfering to a div1 school and only sitting out what would basically be a redshirt year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

@Tomas_Verde

Tom Green

Per @Bryan_Holt, Blakely said he is leaving UF because he doesn't like the pro-style offense. Plans on going to a JUCO, then back to the SEC

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

@Tomas_Verde

Tom Green

Per @Bryan_Holt, Blakely said he is leaving UF because he doesn't like the pro-style offense. Plans on going to a JUCO, then back to the SEC

Who is Bryan Holt?  Looks to be speculation at best.

Hope he ends up at USF.  He'd need at least a year and a half at JUCO.  He'd miss two D1A seasons that way.

@Tomas_Verde

Tom Green

Who is Bryan Holt?  Looks to be speculation at best.

Hope he ends up at USF.  He'd need at least a year and a half at JUCO.  He'd miss two D1A seasons that way.

He's a senior at UF and is the softball beat writer for the Alligator.

He tweeted about Blakely and wrote this yesterday:

He is not yet sure where he will transfer, but it won’t be the Southeastern Conference — at least not immediately.

“[uF] told me I can’t transfer anywhere in the SEC, so I’m leaning toward going [to junior college] and then coming back to the SEC,†Blakely said.

http://www.alligator.org/sports/_breaking_news/article_f09202ea-7b32-11e0-b975-001cc4c03286.html

Greg Auman:

USF is also in the mix for another Gators transfer, Bradenton Manatee running back Mike Blakely, who enrolled in Gainesville in January only to find the head coach, offensive coordinator and running backs coach had all changed from the coaching staff he signed with. USF has received a release to speak with Blakely, and Manatee coach Joe Kinnan said Wednesday morning that Florida granted Blakely a release to all schools except the rest of the SEC, Florida State and Miami.

Blakely, rated a four-star recruit by both Rivals and Scout, was one of the state's top running back recruits a year ago. Much like Notre Dame transfer Spencer Boyd, Blakely would have a full four years of eligibility at USF after sitting out his first season with the Bulls.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/coach-dunkley-usf-transfer-going-happen

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

Maybe our coaches can sell him on our program.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think the bradenton coach is big on USF and I'm not real sure we can convince Blakely if we couldn't do it 6 months ago when he was being recruited before. 

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

I'm also told #USF has not contacted Manatee high school, FWIW. I feel there is about a 50% chance thats where he ends up.

3 hours ago »

There could be more schools added to that release, its not a final list. Those are just some of the names on the original release UF sent.

3 hours ago »

There were about 10-11 schools on Mike Blakely's release from #UF. Some of them were: #FIU, #USF, #UCF, #IowaState, #Temple and #Clemson.

3 hours ago

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

I'm also told #USF has not contacted Manatee high school, FWIW. I feel there is about a 50% chance thats where he ends up.

3 hours ago »

There could be more schools added to that release, its not a final list. Those are just some of the names on the original release UF sent.

3 hours ago »

There were about 10-11 schools on Mike Blakely's release from #UF. Some of them were: #FIU, #USF, #UCF, #IowaState, #Temple and #Clemson.

3 hours ago

i thought ucf was waiting on an invite to the sec? why are they on the list? :)