• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CFN,s take on USF vs Stony Brook Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

(  I guess they do not know of Griffins injurie as he is listed as starting here... duh  ???     I like their take on the defense  ;D

Interesting read from Scout Com : 

Stony Brook (0-0) at South Florida (0-0)  Sept. 4, 7:05, ESPN3.com

Here’s The Deal … The architect is gone. The successor is poised to carry South Florida to new heights. It’s going to be strange in Tampa without excitable Jim Leavitt, the only head coach in program history. However, Skip Holtz figures to be an upgrade once he has more time to learn the personnel and get a few more of his players in pads. If the Bulls fail to elevate in the short term, don’t finger the new coach, who’s inheriting a team with a few more holes than in recent years. Stony Brook figures to hand deliver the coach a comfortable win in his debut in front of an eager Raymond James Stadium crowd. The Seawolves are a rising Big South team, finishing 6-5 after a 2-4 start, and are about to face an FBS opponent for the first time ever.

Why Stony Brook Might Win: In RB Ed Gowins and QB Michael Coulter, the Seawolves have a veteran backfield that’ll be the catalyst for the offense. The attack showed increased pop as the season developed, and the line gave Coulter the time he needed to spot open receivers. It catches a break that this will be the first game for a remade South Florida defense replacing seven starters. This is an ideal time to catch the Bulls, before the unit has gotten comfortable with the new system or the new personnel.

Why South Florida Might Win: Dynamic second-year QB B.J. Daniels wants to become a more complete player after leading the team in rushing in 2009. A visit from Stony Brook provides just the right sparring partner. The Seawolves have no pass rush, which will afford Daniels the time he needs to find athletic receivers Sterling Griffin and Dontavia Bogan. With all five starters back from a year ago, the South Florida offensive line will dominate at the point off attack, creating lots of daylight. Quarterbacks have led the program in rushing four straight years, a trend coordinator Todd Fitch aims to end with the help of Moise Plancher and Demetris Murray.

What To Watch Out For: South Florida has been a breeding ground for elite defensive talent for the past few seasons. Even with so many defections, this year will be no different. It’s just a matter of who steps up and takes advantage of the opportunity. Two players worth watching closely are DE Ryne Giddins and LB Sam Barrington, a couple of the baby Bulls, who’ll be the cornerstones of Mark Snyder’s D for the next few seasons.

What Will Happen: It’s a new era in Tampa, and even with Stony Brook coming to town, the excitement on opening night will be palpable. In the early part of the season, the offense will be ahead of the defense, leaning on Daniels to be the playmaker and distributor. He’ll pile up the numbers and spread the ball around for three quarters, hurting the Seawolves on the ground and through the air.

CFN Prediction: South Florida 48 … Stony Brook 10 … Line: No Line

Must See Rating: Season Premiere: Keeping Up with the Kardashians 5 - Eat, Pray, Love 1… 1

http://cfn.scout.com/2/996965.html

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  1

Why Stony Brook might win?  They won't.  Not a chance.  At all. 

I disagree that the offense will be further along the defense.  Our defense already appears to be a pretty solid unit.  However, our offense still is lacking an identity outside of BJ's running ability-- which I hope is de-emphasized this season. 

• Content Count:  958

Why Stony Brook might win?  They won't.  Not a chance.  At all. 

I disagree that the offense will be further along the defense.  Our defense already appears to be a pretty solid unit.  However, our offense still is lacking an identity outside of bj daniels running ability-- which I hope is de-emphasized this season. 

tau.reanb, Yeah. I am with you on that. Although  I thought it was a good assessment of the defense .  Most prognosticators are deeming the Bulls defense to be mediocre  this year due to ( NFL )  departures.  Glad that someone has taken notice.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

"The Seawolves have no pass rush, which will afford Daniels the time he needs to find athletic receivers Sterling Griffin and Dontavia Bogan."

Way to do your homework CFN.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

No Mention of the Stony Brook Hansen Brothers?

• Content Count:  4,501

If you have to use Keeping up with the kardashians as your top rated reason for watching - do you really have a good reason to watch ?

Is Stony brook a real school ?  ;D

Archived