• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF apps

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,860
  • Days Won:  12

Last season I downloaded an app developed by "Reflect7" and it seems to have been updated recently with new schedule, feeds of news, and top 25.

There does seem to be another one though that includes basketball, among other additional features.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/south-florida-bulls-college/id355643675?mt=8

Anyone own it? Reviews?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I have both and neither is really worth owning in my opinion.  I paid for the CollergeSportsFans one that has licensing from NCAA (and USF apparently) and it absolutely *****.

I don't have my phone with me now, but I'd warn anyone against high expectations on these apps.  Mostly an RSS news feed and a lately delivered schedule.  The Reflect7 doesn't promise much and hence is acceptable - got it for free.  The other one I paid a buck for and it wasn't worth it.  It shows promise but that's about it.

Yep...http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/south-florida-bulls-college/id355643675?mt=8 doesn't do what it says - at least for me.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I've been looking for a good BULLS app for ever. Ain't found anything worth a **** yet.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I use iUSF it's free and is geared towArds students so I don't think I will be using it for anything more than news.

I'd like to see:

A bullspen app

Usfnation app

Auman blog app

Carter blog app

And now since dowlar is at rivals a usfrivals app

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I use iUSF it's free and is geared towArds students so I don't think I will be using it for anything more than news.

I'd like to see:

A bullspen app

Usfnation app

Auman blog app

Carter blog app

Confused...what would these apps do? You could just save the homepage to each of these sites as a link on your home screen and you'd have the same thing. Believe me, I am not against a Bullspen App, I am just not sure what it would do for me that I can't do by refreshing the main board screen 67 times per day on my phone while I am at work.

I have already been neglecting the site. My company was sold and where I used to have a nice secluded office where the computer didn't face anyone but me, I am now in a sea of cubicles where anyone walking by can see the screen. That doesn't even account for the fact that we now have a whole team of IT people at corporate HQ that can keep tabs on internet history. Auman's blog and ESPN are all I venture to from the work computer. Stupid 800 person company.

I'd like to see:

A bullspen app

Usfnation app

Auman blog app

Carter blog app

Confused...what would these apps do? You could just save the homepage to each of these sites as a link on your home screen and you'd have the same thing. Believe me, I am not against a Bullspen App, I am just not sure what it would do for me that I can't do by refreshing the main board screen 67 times per day on my phone while I am at work.

I have already been neglecting the site. My company was sold and where I used to have a nice secluded office where the computer didn't face anyone but me, I am now in a sea of cubicles where anyone walking by can see the screen. That doesn't even account for the fact that we now have a whole team of IT people at corporate HQ that can keep tabs on internet history. Auman's blog and ESPN are all I venture to from the work computer. Stupid 800 person company.

download a forum app like iCafe(app for iphone/ipad forum) and you will see why. It makes mobile browsing/commenting much easier... as far as the blogs are concerned I would like to see the articles listed in mobile format to make it all easier.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

To develop a real good app would be a risk because of the fan base, and the moderate support it would get in terms of $$.

I have developed one app, got it on my test profile on my phone and it took hours.  To turn it into something one would be proud of would take quite a bit more, not to mention content rights, etc.  I thought about approaching USF about it then I saw they signed up with the CollegeSuperFans group and I stopped in my tracks.  And then that app stunk.

As for simply a news reader, there are a ton of apps out there one can get to read Bulls headlines like the Reflect7 app, but on my iphone there's no reason to pay for an news reader, the iphone is great on mobile and standard web sites.

To develop a real good app would be a risk because of the fan base, and the moderate support it would get in terms of $$.

I have developed one app, got it on my test profile on my phone and it took hours.  To turn it into something one would be proud of would take quite a bit more, not to mention content rights, etc.  I thought about approaching USF about it then I saw they signed up with the CollegeSuperFans group and I stopped in my tracks.  And then that app stunk.

As for simply a news reader, there are a ton of apps out there one can get to read Bulls headlines like the Reflect7 app, but on my iphone there's no reason to pay for an news reader, the iphone is great on mobile and standard web sites.

download iCafe... i dont know what it take to create an app like that but if it turns out it is not an enormous effort i think it would be beneficial.

i'd be willing to pay for it as it would make my life easier.

when responding to a post on here it is difficult to do so on the iPhone because when i type, stuff gets overlapped with other text and it makes it hard to make sure i'm writing something coherant

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

download iCafe... i dont know what it take to create an app like that but if it turns out it is not an enormous effort i think it would be beneficial.

i'd be willing to pay for it as it would make my life easier.

when responding to a post on here it is difficult to do so on the iPhone because when i type, stuff gets overlapped with other text and it makes it hard to make sure i'm writing something coherant

OK, I have had that problem, but I figured if smazza is still posting here, coherence is optional.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I got a guy who can develop a USF iphone app,plus any other USF themed app(basketball,baseball, college, etc.).

Wish USF would be interested.

Archived