• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jonathan Dowling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  2

http://thebullgator.blogspot.com/search/label/USF%20Bulls

Apparently Southeast (Bradenton, FL) defensive back Jonathan Dowling is having second thoughts about his commitment to Florida. The Gators have gotten out to a great start on the recruiting front which includes six athletes likely to play in the defensive backfield. And Dowling knows it. According to sources, he’s having second thoughts due to depth and may be considering Alabama, Miami, and…wait for it…USF. It’s hard to argue with Dowling about this. Although he would look great in the orange and blue, the Gators seem to be accumulating defensive backs at warp speed.

Dowling is currently rated by Rivals.com as the 52nd best player in the nation. He committed to Florida back in March.

What's the latest?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Super fast DB Demar Dorsey is also having second thoughts about his verbal to UF for the same reason. I don't think we are currently in the running to land him. I just hope he doesn't end up at WVU.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Darn you KB, that's dated news, I was almost excited for a sec.  It was a 6/2 blog entry, over a month ago.  Since that time Dowling has dispelled such rumors, or at least quelled any assumptions that something may be imminent with him.  For now he's still a Gator and maintains as such in public.  I wouldn't put much stock in this, and look at it more from a perspective that UF would need to drop him.  I don't see that happening, and until then I think Urban and crew will lying like crazy to placate him and get him to sign.

• Content Count:  849

http://thebullgator.blogspot.com/search/label/USF%20Bulls

Apparently Southeast (Bradenton, FL) defensive back Jonathan Dowling is having second thoughts about his commitment to Florida. The Gators have gotten out to a great start on the recruiting front which includes six athletes likely to play in the defensive backfield. And Dowling knows it. According to sources, he’s having second thoughts due to depth and may be considering Alabama, Miami, and…wait for it…USF. It’s hard to argue with Dowling about this. Although he would look great in the orange and blue, the Gators seem to be accumulating defensive backs at warp speed.

Dowling is currently rated by Rivals.com as the 52nd best player in the nation. He committed to Florida back in March.

What's the latest?

Alan Dell's is a doofus and has no idea what he's talking about

• Content Count:  1

Basically what Bullpride08 said...

Dowling is thinking about the depth chart and the other DBs UF is bringing in.  Can't really blame him if he's having second thoughts.  The Gators have a number of young DBs already and their current commit list is full of them as well.  Even if it was for a moment, with Dowling wavering at all this early in the process, it makes him a likely candidate to decommit.  Will he?  Who knows, but it has been talked about and USF has been mentioned of one of the possibilities if he does.

And yes, Dorsey is having second thoughts as well saying he's only about 40% sure or something.  But his other top schools are WVU, Tennessee, and USC.  Unfortunately, USF isn't even a consideration for him.

• Content Count:  4,016

Smooth actually Alan is pretty tuned in to the crew down in Sota, and southward, and got his info directly from a very inside source...the problem is he was jumping the gun on the info.  I think it's because Dell is new to the recruiting game, and kinda tripped on the info and then just threw it up.  Dowling is definitely keeping an eye on things in Gainesville.  The backfield load is getting pretty ridiculous, and UF hasn't stopped recruiting. 

But the kid clearly didn't want it out right now.  From everything he's just keeping an eye on things, and it would have been better for USF if the info hadn't been released early so things could ahve been done a bit more stealthy.

Archived