• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Rays draw 19,000?

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This was a game that should have been circled.

Can the horse dung arguments. The weeknight, the bridge, not being in Tampa proper is all BS. This is one of those games that people should have made it out for.

embarrasing to be a Rays fan right now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I was there last night. It wasn't good either on the field or off the field. I don't think the Rays really marketed the series very well either.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

same old crap just another year. 

my favorite excuse is the lack of history, thats not either, its the lack of knowledgabe and appreciative sports fans aka fairweather that come root when its the playoffs and " the thing to do".

im a mets fan first and then i pull for the rays in the AL Im a better rays fan than 95% of the "real" fans i know. 

the good thing is if the rays dont make the playoffs and the yanks do, all the new rays fans can just pull their old yankees gear our of the closet. 

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I have a season ticket package so I've done my part.

• Content Count:  639

it is inexcusable but it's probably the worst location to consistently draw fans during the week.....They need to put a retractable roof ballpark in Tampa or even Orlando if they offered a good land deal to ownership. I enjoy outdoor baseball and would love to take in a game w/ outdoor elements in April and May or whenever the evenings have reasonable conditions, they can always run the AC all day w/ the roof closed till gametime and have the option of keeping the roof closed when it storms or it's too hot....natural grass would be nice also, that turf is embarrassing for a big league club....but it looks like Rays ownership is giving hints that they are fed up w/ Pinellas County

But we have to remember we live in one of the highest areas of foreclosed homes in the country and not everyone can afford to go to the park. Attendance numbers MLB wide are down even in NY and the Rays attendance has actually gone up this season and after years of bad baseball and bad owners you cant ask for more. Am I upset about the attendance number yes but at this point its getting old. Heck look at the marlines their number as horrible.

it is inexcusable but it's probably the worst location to consistently draw fans during the week.....They need to put a retractable roof ballpark in Tampa or even Orlando if they offered a good land deal to ownership. I enjoy outdoor baseball and would love to take in a game w/ outdoor elements in April and May or whenever the evenings have reasonable conditions, they can always run the AC all day w/ the roof closed till gametime and have the option of keeping the roof closed when it storms or it's too hot....natural grass would be nice also, that turf is embarrassing for a big league club....but it looks like Rays ownership is giving hints that they are fed up w/ Pinellas County

Tampa or somewhere on I-4 is where the Park should be now is thats where the new one is going to be is another issue

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Their current location is awful. I know for me it's tough to leave work, change clothes, and make it to the game on time.

Also, the St. Pete area is not exactly the most exciting place to visit... other than Fergs where can someone hangout before or after a game?

Downtown Tampa would be optimal. I like St. Pete, but it is what it is and it's not the best location.

However, I am sure if you looked a year over year comparison, the Rays numbers are way up.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Location shouldn't matter for this type of game though...

I agree over the seaon it matters.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Maybe ownership should rethink the whole "marquee/prime" pricing structure, save the Yankees and Red Sox games. I know that I would have liked to go, but on a weeknight it just doesn't have the same bang for the buck. I can't get too drunk, and I have to be up for work the next morning. It may only be $5 or $10 difference, but it adds up over a season. 

Archived