• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Rays choke vs Yankees

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

, before then it was just a white guy only adult baseball league.     

well NHL is just a white guy only adult hockey league.

specially back in the days it was just a Canada league for the most part.

Touche,

Then how about

Real Madrid C.F. (Spainish & World soccer power)

31 La Liga/national titles (which is really what a world series title is)

Record 9 champions league titles (a TRUE world championship)

and many many more smaller scale titles. 

Easily the most dominant franchise in the world when it comes to winning. 

yawn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

F the Yankmees.  Talk about bandwagon teams.  I've probably been to NYC more often than 50% of Yankmee fans out there.

• Content Count:  19,229

F the Yankmees.  Talk about bandwagon teams.  I've probably been to NYC more often than 50% of Yankmee fans out there.

Yankees may have more bandwagon fans than any team in the league (sox only ones close)... but they also have 10000x more true fans as the rays.

You don't have to have to frequent or live in a city to be a true fan of the team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

lol big boy says they choke yet they still are 20 games over .500. you sound like a ucf fan

and on a 4 game losing streak. The story is about over. Rays dont have what it takes to make playoff's

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

lol big boy says they choke yet they still are 20 games over .500. you sound like a ucf fan

and on a 4 game losing streak. The story is about over. Rays dont have what it takes to make playoff's

Yep .... just like a UCFer.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Yankees may have more bandwagon fans than any team in the league (sox only ones close)... but they also have 10000x more true fans as the rays.

You don't have to have to frequent or live in a city to be a true fan of the team. 

Calling Yankees fans bandwagon fans is the stupidest thing I've heard.  Bandwagon fans aren't true fans, so you can't really count them.  You're saying you're including all those over-seas people that visit and say they're fans of the team?  When you're a Yankees fan, like I said before, you're a true fans.  Which is why I get crap from people for being a Yankees fan in Tampa.  Location is not going to make me change my mind on years of being a fan.

Hope you mean the history of baseball and not the history of sports. 

i hate the yankees as much as the next man, but face it....they are the best franchise in the history of sports.

Montreal Canadians are in the discussion  42 hall of famers and 24 cups.  42 hall of famers is ridiculous and the world titles are right there with the Yankees.  Too lazy to look up some of the soccer clubs out there who crap all over the yanks as far as fan base and fan enthusiasm.  Also i find it hard to take some of those titles seriously for the Yankees because a good chunk of them came from before baseball was desegregated.   As far as im concerned relevant baseball history doesn't start until the league allowed in hispanics and blacks, before then it was just a white guy only adult baseball league.     

You can't compare hockey to baseball.  No one cares about hockey.

And....I have this argument with random Rays fans that for some reason like to talk crap all of a sudden.  I keep telling them that I could care less about the Rays, that they're just a normal team to me and that I am happy that they're doing well.  These people I talk about feel the need to let me know EVERYTHING about the Rays, which again, I don't really care about.  And the only reason they do it is because I'm a Yankees fan and they know I don't care.  It gets pretty boring talking about them every 5 seconds.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Calling Yankees fans bandwagon fans is the stupidest thing I've heard.  Bandwagon fans aren't true fans, so you can't really count them.  You're saying you're including all those over-seas people that visit and say they're fans of the team?  When you're a Yankees fan, like I said before, you're a true fans.  Which is why I get crap from people for being a Yankees fan in Tampa.  Location is not going to make me change my mind on years of being a fan.

Hope you mean the history of baseball and not the history of sports. 

i hate the yankees as much as the next man, but face it....they are the best franchise in the history of sports.

Montreal Canadians are in the discussion  42 hall of famers and 24 cups.  42 hall of famers is ridiculous and the world titles are right there with the Yankees.  Too lazy to look up some of the soccer clubs out there who crap all over the yanks as far as fan base and fan enthusiasm.  Also i find it hard to take some of those titles seriously for the Yankees because a good chunk of them came from before baseball was desegregated.   As far as im concerned relevant baseball history doesn't start until the league allowed in hispanics and blacks, before then it was just a white guy only adult baseball league.     

You can't compare hockey to baseball.  No one cares about hockey.

And....I have this argument with random Rays fans that for some reason like to talk crap all of a sudden.  I keep telling them that I could care less about the Rays, that they're just a normal team to me and that I am happy that they're doing well.  I'm really sick of having to hear people talk to me about the Rays every 5 seconds.  Yeah, I know, they're a nice little story, but come on....I don't care!!  Funny thing is, they do it because I'm a Yankees fan and they know I don't care.

ROFL at no one cares about hockey.  The world is bigger than just the United States hence me debating the worldwide status and not the status in the US.  Also Real Madrid mercs the yankees across the board in accomplishments and soccer is more watched world wide than baseball and the fan bases dwarf the size of any US pro teams fan bases. 

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

PS:  A Rays fan told me that the Rays lost the 2 games because they were throwing it away.  They didn't want it as much.  I call BS.  Since when are Rays expected to win all the games?  How the hell is this even considered choking?  It's not like the Rays were up by 10 runs and then lost.  Or as if the Rays were 20 games ahead of the Yankees.

Also, supposedly according to another Rays fan, Boston and the Rays are a bigger rival than Boston/Yankees....  Yeah,  I hear Tampa and I think sun and fun, I hear anything Boston related and I get angry and want to punch people, lol.

• Content Count:  19,229

someone actually said that the sox and rays are a big rivalry?  yikes... someone needs to get take their head out of the sand.

Archived