• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Do you guys want a conference championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

I'm all for giving ND the choice of all sports or out.  Replace them with an all sports and that gives us nine football teams.  Not enough for a championship, but helps in the football scheduling.

I LOVE the idea but it may be too unrealistic because of the financial factors involved with such a move.  It would give the entire conference an upgraded bowl schedule, more credibility (well hopefully), and a much higher profile.  Plus it would line us up with most conferences with 8 games and 4 OOC (the Pac-10 has 9).  It would also be pretty sweet for them to come to Tampa every other year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219

$$$$$ will prevent any other BCS team from coming to the BE.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

I really want the Big East to add 4 teams.  Thus adding a north and south division, and then making a conference championship.  I just dont know who the Big East could add.

[/quote

will not happen anytime soon

nd would never come to big east

why would we want to build up ftu/ou/oc or fau???? how does that help usf ?  it hurts usf?

big east shouldnt add anymore teams

The Big East would have to split between Basketball and Football schools...

Unless we convince Georgetown and Villanova to move their schools from the FCS to the FBS... tell Notre Dame it's all or none (kick out their Olympic sports or bring in their football team)... that gives 11 football schools.  Then we look to

Other possible schools... with good overall programs (not just football) and decent markets... such as Memphis and Tulane would be interesting.  Not sure who else.

UCF would not be added.  Nor would Marshall.

And there is no way we get a BCS team to switch (Penn State, Maryland, etc).

gtown and nova would be disastrous for big east

we get little respect now

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Georgia Tech would be my choice.

I don't see it happening, we are not going to 12. I don't want UCF in there. No offense to them, but 64-12. What would their record have been? They would have lost to us, WVU, UL, Cincy, UConn, Rutgers, and quite possibly Pitt (Pitt destroyed them last year). You don't bring in a team that at best goes 2-6 in the league.

Ga Tech would kind of fill in the "gap" between us and the rest of the BE, they are very respectable on the field, in achedemics, and in a major city. That would be a game that a lot of USF fans would travel to every season. Not too far to drive from UL either.

Again, I don't think anything is going to change, and I doubt that Tech would want to leave the ACC, but they could immediately be an impact in the league (including B-ball).

I can't think of 3 other teams I would want to see the BE add.

• Content Count:  743

I still like the idea of us taking Arkansas' spot in the SEC. Wishful thinking.

I'd like to see a conference championship game so every conference has to play a game. Should just change the rules.

• Content Count:  143

The Big East would have to split between Basketball and Football schools...

Unless we convince Georgetown and Villanova to move their schools from the FCS to the FBS... tell Notre Dame it's all or none (kick out their Olympic sports or bring in their football team)... that gives 11 football schools.  Then we look to

Other possible schools... with good overall programs (not just football) and decent markets... such as Memphis and Tulane would be interesting.  Not sure who else.

UCF would not be added.  Nor would Marshall.

And there is no way we get a BCS team to switch (Penn State, Maryland, etc).

gtown and nova would be disastrous for big east

we get little respect now

Georgetown and Villanova are already in the Big East.

Why would adding Georgetown be disastrous?  Having a Big East School playing football in Washington DC would be disastrous? I don't think they are ready now.  They would need to ramp up their program.

Georgia Tech just went to UCONN (a traditional BB School) trying to get their football coach.  UCONN has done rather well.

Archived