• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Caption This Picture II

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

The good news is, you've inspired me to write a caption for the photo:

JV_AR_7.24bg.jpg

This photograph captures one of the rarest moments in all of sports: a Red Sox actually beating a Yankee.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

And its going to be all the more common in the future!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Sheesh, I don't even like the Yankees, but your spin is so myopic and delusional that I find myself compelled to argue their case.

Yep -- and the Yanks lead the series 4-2 in games played after April 26th. Wanna try again?

It's better than not winning the close ones with the Devil Rays, like a certain AL East team I could name.

Let's check some team vs team records, since you seem to like those. The Yankees' beating up on the weak teams would be irrelevant to the AL East race if the Red Sox could just do the same. The Yanks are 21-5 against the Rays/Jays/O's, while the Sox are 18-11. That's 6 games in the loss column; the Yanks' lead is only 8 in the loss column.

Yet you'll continue to blame your team's failure on everything except the simple fact that the New York Yankees win more games over a 162-game schedule than the Boston Red Sox do.

It doesnt matter if you go 162-o and lose in the playoffs.  All regular season does is get you in the playoffs and if you are lucky gets you homefield for the playoffs.  Yanks had homefield in last years world series, how did they do?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

Yankees bullpen is wearing down, look at their closer-two blown saves in a row-its an omen!  Georgie better go out and buy some more arms or they will fade down the stretch!  An unbiased third party assessment-I have my own problems as a Reds fan!

Last 2 champs have been wild card teams... even home field doesn't mean that much... although i would have loved it last year.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

home field sure helped the Yanks get to the Series at least, somewhere Boston hasn't been in a while.  

as mentioned above by another poster, I dont even like the Yankees but the Boston fans are getting such a hard on it is getting ridiculous.  

Red Sox fans aren't claiming the Sox are gonna win the League, we are claiming we'll win the Wild Card at least, and then its a clean slate.

If being proud of your team means you have a hard on for that team, then you have one for the Lightning, we all have one for the bulls, well not KR.  ;)

2nd place doesn't mean anything in the playoffs... home field meant nothing.  If the yanks beat the fish, then yes, it meant something, but they got wasted by them.

Neither the sox or the yankmes have won in this century.  

I'm hoping for the Sox to be the first to taste the champagne of the two, obviously.  If you don't like the sox and yanks topics, don't post on em.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I'm going to the Mad Cow board to debate politics with Smazza. Compared to you Red Sox fans, he's refreshingly in touch with reality.

Red Sox fans aren't claiming the Sox are gonna win the League, we are claiming we'll win the Wild Card at least, and then its a clean slate.

If being proud of your team means you have a hard on for that team, then you have one for the Lightning, we all have one for the bulls, well not KR.  ;)

2nd place doesn't mean anything in the playoffs... home field meant nothing.  If the yanks beat the fish, then yes, it meant something, but they got wasted by them.

Neither the sox or the yankmes have won in this century.  

I'm hoping for the Sox to be the first to taste the champagne of the two, obviously.  If you don't like the sox and yanks topics, don't post on em.

man, i'm so out of touch with reality!

Have fun!   :P

sportscenter just had a top 10 list of why the yankees are not the team to beat...

i don't remember the order, but i'll take a stab at it.

10)  Giambi sick, can Tony Clark fill in?  too impatient

9)  Rivera wearing down

8)  Contreras-  can he ever beat the sox?

7)  Brown&Mussina hurting, might not get back to form (remember sox beat Moose twice last year's alcs)

6)  ARod factor... NY pressure

5) Red Sox spark (i think this might have been #3, but i'm not sure)

4) Middle bullpen overworked

3)  Sheffield's shoulder... will it hold out?

2) George... will $teinbrenner make a dumb move in his panic

1)  No Randy... Cashman thinks they won't get him, and they need him more than ever