• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

cee Finds Refuge at Greg's Blog

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

So, what does Brett think of this situation?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,972
  • Days Won:  469

Brad,

I love and appreciate your board here. Just like I respect your decisions realizing that this is your board, I think you should give Greg that same discretion. I agree that cee's comments serve no purpose and do no good. I do think the best mothod to take, and the method that Greg is suggesting, is to complain about individual posts so that they can be removed. After 5 to 6 posts that have to be removed, I am sure that Greg will ban him. We all know cee can't help himself.

First, Bully, thanks for the nice words regarding the board.

Second, I don't consider this my board as much as I consider it a board of Bulls fans and try to shape it to their wishes.

It was Bulls fans that called for the end of cee's act here.  Not me personally.  But the advice of people I trust.

As I said I really don't care how cee's defaming posts are addressed as long as they are addressed.  My anger is not directed at Greg but at the same small group of people who believe the internet and its associated anonymity is to be used for their personal agendas.  suggesting he be blocked comes out of of my lengthy display of patience with him here.  Knowing his history, deleting posts of overt falseness or libel will not constrain him or shape his agenda.  Relying on my experience with cee's posts, I may have put the cart before the horse.  Deleting posts is a welcomed and good start.

But none of us should pretend, or delude ourselves into thinking, cee does not have an agenda.  If it takes a while for Greg or anyone else to discern that, we'll just have to watch it run its course.  I was trying to be helpful to Greg and to the blog.  Having that hate-filled stuff does no one any good at all.

;D ;D

• Content Count:  3,574

;D ;D

;)... just trying to change the mood.

No disrespect to your board but why do we have a place that is a forum for people who do more damage to USF than CEE ever could ... Taking away the other board will not silence them but at least it will take away a forum and may possibly lead to their finally giving up.

I assume you're referencing the Dumbgeon.  It was created years ago to keep the inane comments out of the public eye...the same thing being requested of cee's despicable comments.  I could close that board in a moment, but as I mentioned in a thread there, it would result in increased moderation on the other boards.  They'd have to go to the other boards to post anti-USF stuff.  It's actually quite amazing that with the exception of Knight_Light the majority of those that want to make up stuff and talk trash do it on a private board that isn't viewable by the public or searchable/readable through Google or other sources.  It's not hypocritical, it's a solution that mostly works. 

Now that I have commented on how amazing it is that the anti-USF UCF crowd will likely call for a jailbreak.  :-\

• Content Count:  1,812

No disrespect to your board but why do we have a place that is a forum for people who do more damage to USF than CEE ever could ... Taking away the other board will not silence them but at least it will take away a forum and may possibly lead to their finally giving up.

I assume you're referencing the Dumbgeon.  It was created years ago to keep the inane comments out of the public eye...the same thing being requested of cee's despicable comments.  I could close that board in a moment, but as I mentioned in a thread there, it would result in increased moderation on the other boards.  They'd have to go to the other boards to post anti-USF stuff.  It's actually quite amazing that with the exception of Knight_Light the majority of those that want to make up stuff and talk trash do it on a private board that isn't viewable by the public or searchable/readable through Google or other sources.  It's not hypocritical, it's a solution that mostly works. 

Now that I have commented on how amazing it is that the anti-USF UCF crowd will likely call for a jailbreak.   :-\

I do keep forgetting it is not viewable to others; you also forgot Mavie, who goes by the name SadUCf... and seems to pollute a lot of sites. I still think that board gives them a reason to hang around this board and also gives them a false sense of some rivalry. It also seems that KL posts as much here as he does there; his profile shows more posts on this board than the other all you have to do is say the word stadium or something positive about USf and he appears. You should ban him from all but the Dumgeon for a while IMO.

Well as you know we may be on the verge of closing down the Dumbgeon, there is a poll and a thread or two about it.

As always, the forum is open to discuss TheBullsPen.com and the way it is run.  However, I am going to move this thread to the Trough for further discussion.  It's really not about USF Athletics so much anymore.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I really don't need this to be a pissing match. I, too, have better things to do than publicly defend my integrity in the grand occupation of blog comment filtering. The Wikipedia entry you mentioned likens a common usage of troll as "jerk" -- I'd just as soon not have one commenter calling another one that on my blog, however accurate they might think the description to be. That's all I'm saying, and sorry if that got lost in a silly parenthetical comment I made.

You guys have a great message board here, with a lot of great information exchanged. I wouldn't have 700-some posts here if that weren't the case. (I know that's a slow month for some of you, so please don't think I'm bragging on the number.) It's more than I have on any other message board, that's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to harbor infidels or cultivate misinformation on my blog; I'm trying to post information about USF and let people comment on it. I understand that it's never that simple, but don't think I need it to be any more than that.

Hang in there Greg...as its always "others" that seem to know best how to run your own corporations website.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I really don't need this to be a pissing match. I, too, have better things to do than publicly defend my integrity in the grand occupation of blog comment filtering. The Wikipedia entry you mentioned likens a common usage of troll as "jerk" -- I'd just as soon not have one commenter calling another one that on my blog, however accurate they might think the description to be. That's all I'm saying, and sorry if that got lost in a silly parenthetical comment I made.

You guys have a great message board here, with a lot of great information exchanged. I wouldn't have 700-some posts here if that weren't the case. (I know that's a slow month for some of you, so please don't think I'm bragging on the number.) It's more than I have on any other message board, that's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to harbor infidels or cultivate misinformation on my blog; I'm trying to post information about USF and let people comment on it. I understand that it's never that simple, but don't think I need it to be any more than that.

Hang in there Greg...as its always "others" that seem to know best how to run your own corporations website.

All you have to do is mention his name and KnoLife rears his ugly head...

keaton-beetlejuice.jpg

Now I feel vindicated, thanks KL.

For the record, my intent was not to "call out" Greg as one person put it, but to call attention to the post.  More importantly to be sure that the post was examined, ridiculed, or removed. 

Much like many people alert me to threads, posts, or posters that require attention, deletion or banning, I wanted to call attention to this situation.  Not to "call out" anyone other than cee, the one responsible for the comments.

With those comments appearing on a newspaper's site (not to mention a sponsor of USF) they gain certain believability or credibility when left there.  I think they had to be addressed as timely as possible as the comments themselves were denigrating to Jim Leavitt and USF Football.

I'm glad they are gone.

Archived