• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Football 08

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

played Auburn last night..ended up having to turn the game off...GRRR...no mid game save option like Madden.

it was 7-6 USF in 4th...Auburn just punted and I moved to let it roll in endzone but it stopped at the 1yd line and a defender picked it up and stepped in endzone and it was called a touchback. So I set up in goal line offense with R. Kelly at fullback and Ford at TB. 1st play....FB Dive...somehow Kelly goes 80 yds for TD breaking 2 tackles along the way. (i made his speed rating 86). that made it 14-6. I kick off and 1st Auburn play is a INT by McKenzie.. I  try to capitilize by throwing a deep bomb but it went incomplete. then i run ford in Ace Formation and he goes up the middle 54 yds untouched. It was 21-6 with 1:44 left and I had to shut off. It seems the momentum plays a heavy factor in the game. It was 7-6 after the first possesions of each team. Tyller Roberts blocked the PAT and then I scored to make it 7-6 for almost the entire game

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Rocky was in 2006...why not this one?!?!?

its because of the graphics if you look (at least on the PS3) they cut out all D-IAA teams, all mascots, and create a team

• Content Count:  3,827

crambone ...

You can't delete the guys on the default roster. You can edit the holy hell out of the them, but not delete them. You can only delete Create-a-Player guys. The USF default roster is full anyway. You can't add any more players (with Create-a-Player) even if you wanted to.

One of the drawbacks ... I turned Tavarious Robinson (an 'Impact Player') into Aaron Harris, which is why Harris is now an 'Impact Player.' Nothing I can really do about that.

if the roster is already full, how did you add all the real players in there?

another edit player question, how can you "change" a player into someone else if you cant edit the height/weight?

• Content Count:  69

Shoop,

I had seven (I think) players on the EA default roster that needed to come off (Amp Hill, Tavarious Robinson, Ricky Ponton, etc.). I just edited them into someone new (Aaron Harris, Jamar Taylor, Nate Allen, etc.). I have the PS2 version and can edit EVERYTHING ... ht/wt, class.

BTW, Rocky is in the PS2 version!

• Content Count:  3,827

Shoop,

I had seven (I think) players on the EA default roster that needed to come off (Amp Hill, Tavarious Robinson, Ricky Ponton, etc.). I just edited them into someone new (Aaron Harris, Jamar Taylor, Nate Allen, etc.). I have the PS2 version and can edit EVERYTHING ... ht/wt, class.

BTW, Rocky is in the PS2 version!

Damnit.

Maybe someone else can verify, but I think in the 360 version you can edit everything BUT height/weight/class.

If that is the case, I may have a LOT of editing on my hands when I sit down to do all of this. Speaking of which, when is your final going to be done?

• Content Count:  57

on the 360 version you can edit everything BUT class, which sucks for USF because 3 seniors were kicked off the team and EA decided to just invent 3 or 4 more out of thin air.

• Content Count:  5,241

besides some of the basic roster stuff, I gotta say this is the best NCAA game in a while. The playbooks, graphics and everything is just so much better. Except the recruiting is way to detailed.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

the recruiting is fun to me. I have a different system though. I often recruit bigger slower safeties and try to make them linebackers and recruit slower and stronger  LB's and try to make them defensive ends...it creates faster LB's and DE's

• Content Count:  261

Maybe I'm insecure about the developers of this game, but anytime you have UCF grads rating our team, you have to review it. Here are my "tweaks" as follows....please do give feedback

QB

Grothe - 88 is fine. However, I edited his importance to 94 and play recognition to 78

Gregory - edited to 75 and had him meet with Michael Jackson's dermatologist

Voss - rating is fine

FB

Padilla - I rated him down 4 points due lack of play in past seasons

Kelly -  70

RB

Planchar - rated him down 81

Samuels - added and rated him at 75

Ford - rated at 80

BBQ - rating is fine

Cannon - rating is fine

WR

Amarri - rating is fine

Taurus Johnson - bumped him to an 84. He was the second most productive wr last year. I also increase his elusiveness, BCV and shake ability due to his ability to run wr reverses with success (3 rustds @ wr)

Marcus Edwards - 77

Denson - 75

C. Mittchell - 74

Carlton Hill - 76

All other receivers were fine

OL

I bumped Huners up by 3 points and Dile and Walker up by 2 in addition to giving the rest of the linemen a bump 1 for just returning. The OL unit gave 2.85 sacks a game last year.

USF's was ranked in the top 15 with 37 sacks last year.

Selvie gets an 87 (wanna rate him 89, but I wont). As a D-lineman, the guy had 84 tackles (56 were solo) on top of 5.5 sacks, 14 TFLs, 2 frs and 4 ff. I also increased his pursuit and play recognition. 14 TFLs for lost as a sophomore is a **** good. He played better than Julmiste.

Buie - rating is fine

A. Harris - 74

Clebert - I believe his rating is cool

Cray - I bumped him 2 points and slightly increased his pursuit and play recognition based on his 06 stats.

I moved C Rob to DE...well actually he'll be playing both positions, but his main home will be on the line.

LBs

Moffitt - His ratings shows the lack of detail EA sports showed. I gave Moffitt an 88. I increased his play recognition, hit power and pursuit.

McKenzie - Rated as a 76 in last year's game, he put up some pretty nice numbers in the Big 12. Considering the progression of ISU's LBs this year, I gave him an 85.

Donte Spires - boosted to 75

Secondary.......what a travesty. I did my research. USF Passing Efficiency Defense was ranked 13th in the nation, in front Penn State, USC, Miami, and Michigan...just to name a few

Jenkins - 27 tackles, 1 int and 15 PBUs. I rated him 89. I increased his awareness, play recognition, and man coverage.

Williams - 49 tackles, 7 ints and 9 PBUs. I rated him at 88. Like Jenkins I increased his awareness, play recognition, but I bumped his zone coverage up more than his man coverage.

Nate Allen - added and rated at 75

C. Williams - rating is fine

Teachey -  pushed him up 70

Tell me what you think.....

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

besides some of the basic roster stuff, I gotta say this is the best NCAA game in a while. The playbooks, graphics and everything is just so much better. Except the recruiting is way to detailed.

I love the depth in the recruiting its like its like im playing 2 seasons at once.  I have to agree though this is the best NCAA in a while.  The playbook is pretty accurate for the most part and has pretty good depth too. 

Archived