• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF football growing on Tampa Bay fans?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I'm happy with everything about USF fooball right now, but I'm wondering if we are making headway in gaining acceptance in the TB Community.

What will it take to reach an average of 45,000 - 50,000 fans for home games?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we have momentum but... the UF NC will reenergize all homer gay-terd band wagoneers  for sometime  making it harder to get "casual (uf,fsu,um) fans" to switch alligence.

we just need to keep winning!

10 win seasons, be titles, bcs games, even a NC game is possible at usf...we must win and win some more.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is something discussed a lot and frankly there is not one answer.

The biggest reasons in my book:

1) Many TB residents like other teams; there are without a doubt thousands of Gators and Noles in the area. You're just not going to pull those fans without being unbelievable.

2) Too much else going on - TB doesn't get bad weather; just a lot of other things going on Saturdays.

3) The Bucs - I know people hate this excuse, and I don't think it's very big, but the Bucs do rule this town. It's just hard to be big when you have the NFL overshadowing your team. Yes, I know Florida and Florida State have made footprints in this region with the Bucs still arround, but you must remember the recent interest in the Bucs has only existed for a lil over 10 years. Ask Pitt how easy it is to draw fans in a NFL city.

4) No jawdropping wins - Yes, Louisville and WVU are great wins and as a hardcore fan you couldn't ask for much more. However they aren't established traditional powers that the common people give credit too. Remember most the fans in the area are familiar with the SEC and ACC; beating Auburn would be a phenomenal win for the program.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I think 2007 will be a great year both on the field and in the stands.

Everytime I go back home, I wear my USF shirts out a lot. People always comment on how good our team is getting and how impressive our WV win was.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937

when we start consistently winning theyll jump on the bulls bandwagon.. haha

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

We will see a new record in attendance in 2007 based on our improving team and the teams we face here in Tampa. With any luck at all we're in strong contention till the end...in the end, winning is what will draw people. Give them something to be proud of and they'll support it.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

When I bought my season tickets this week the rep said that they are seeing a strong increase in interest and in season ticket sales already.  :)

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

While increasing season ticket sales is always important...getting those ticket holders to show up is equally important. Esp. from the corporations...if we win, people will want those seats.