• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could have had him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I like the USF reference in Huggins page.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

"Are you intentionally using "than" instead of "then" just to drive me nuts? "

sorry- i am not trying to drive you nuts.i will be more careful in future

Let's see who does a better job next year: CRM or Huggins.  maybe that will silence all the Huggins critics.

Better job doing what?

ummm i think he meant better job coaching/improving/recruiting/gaining viewership/competing/getting fans excited/better record/nationally televised games/making tournaments/getting publicity.  All of the above in which huggins will do better than mac.  

trip you know what he means.  you can admit usf is wrong by keeping mac around, its ok they wont kick you off the board.

see you at the game trip, just whisper "herman" i'll hear you from the upper decks it will be so empty.  Ahhh the excitement.  

aaa likes to play games at times

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

"Are you intentionally using "than" instead of "then" just to drive me nuts? "

sorry- i am not trying to drive you nuts.i will be more careful in future

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

aaa likes to play games at times

I can also supply TripTiks ....

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
I like the USF reference in Huggins page.

LOL, I didn't notice that.

From Wikipedia:

After spending a year out of the coaching profession, on March 23, 2006, Huggins accepted the head coaching job at Kansas State University, although he was interested in the job at the University of South Florida. USF did not hire him because they decided to stay with Robert McCullom who has never won a meaningful game in his career. [6] Since taking the K-State job, Huggins has significantly upgraded basketball recruiting at the school. His initial recruiting class, which many new coaches hastily throw together, featured 7-foot-3, 265-pound center from Jacksonville, Florida, Jason Bennett. Bennett is a consensus top-50 player for the 2006 recruiting class.[7] The class also featured two other highly-regarded prospects, Blake Young, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound shooting guard, and Luis Colon, a 6-foot-10, 260-pound center/power forward. Finally, on October 25, 2006, the Kansas City Star reported that Bill Walker, a top-5 recruit for 2007, had enrolled at Kansas State after completing his entrance requirements a year early, and would join the 2006 class.[8] Approval from the NCAA remains pending.

On June 23, 2006, Huggins landed a commitment for the 2007 season from perhaps the biggest recruit in K-State's history in 6'8" small forward Michael Beasley. Beasley is ranked by many services as the top prospect in the country for the class of 2007.[9] Huggins has also targeted consensus top 10 prospect O.J. Mayo – Bill Walker's former high school classmate – for the 2007 class.

- That is freakin hilarious. They even spelled McCullum wrong...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Since anyone can go and edit Wikipedia pages, I don't consider it a realiable web site.   In fact I can go change it to read, "although there were reports that he was interested in the job at the University of South Florida. USF did not hire him because they had a coach under contract and Huggins was  never a serious candidate"

Since anyone can go and edit Wikipedia pages, I don't consider it a realiable web site.   In fact I can go change it to read, "although there were reports that he was interested in the job at the University of South Florida. USF did not hire him because they had a coach under contract and Huggins was  never a serious candidate"

Looking at the Huggy page, I'd consider it pretty reliable ....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

And the above info I gave was accurate also.

Looks like they are actually doing some moderating over there so you can't just put crap on there ............. or so, er, someone told me.    ::)

huggins.jpg

why do i think ksu will now wear black uniforms?