• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Leavitt, Call Rhett Bomar. Love, USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

The players of which you speak encountered problems after we recruited them.

Avoiding hypocrisy or setting the misfortune of some players as a standard is flawed.  Why duplicate this "track record" you so avidly point out?

I think its just too much fun for you to bash USF - much like I see on your other threads.

oh really? is that why leavitt recruited and brought in carlton hill, who was busted with his pants down in a classroom BEFORE he even set foot on USF's campus?  how is that any different that recruiting a rhett bomar and his situation.

like i have stated already, the point of this thread wasnt to "bash USF", it was to show that leavitt has recruited problem players in the past, why should we be hypocritical in if/how/why leavitt would recruit bomar to transfer to USF?

BTW, i really dont see why you moved this thread.  it relates to USF football more than the Tampa Bay general sports forum.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

oh really? is that why leavitt recruited and brought in carlton hill, who was busted with his pants down in a classroom

BEFORE he even set foot on USF's campus?  

how is that any different that recruiting a rhett bomar and his situation.

He was already recruited ...   ::)

like i have stated already, the point of this thread wasnt to "bash USF", it was to show that leavitt has recruited problem players in the past, why should we be hypocritical in if/how/why leavitt would recruit bomar to transfer to USF?

Who has he recruited that has experienced NCAA violations at another school?

BTW, i really dont see why you moved this thread.  it relates to USF football more than the Tampa Bay general sports forum.

Because Bomar is not related to USF...only your rantings about USF are and those are frankly off-topic to Bomar.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

If we give him a chance, we will lose some chances with S.Gracia or Matt Simms.  Agree?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we give him a chance, we will lose some chances with S.Gracia or Matt Simms.  Agree?

That's possible.  I don't think Garcia is coming here anyway.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think it was more of the booster willing to pay him the 40 hour work week than the kid writing that he worked 40 hours...And so the pains of being a big time college football coach are magnified.

Rhett Bomar was the starting QB on a projected top 10 OU team, he get's caught because he turned in tax forms saying he made 18,000 last year when he was only working 5 hours a week at the dealership...

This is similar to the Mo Clarett/Troy Smith/ other teamates at Ohio State who were helping in stadium expansion...they worked 4-5 hours and were paid for 40.

When you start getting big time and having boosters with several hands in the program you run the risk of something like this. Most kids do it without the school EVER knowing, the school will just know it's a summer job and will see it on a form that is turned in to the office. Sometimes they'll notice it's a company owned or ran by a prominent booster, sometimes they won't.

The thing you have to ask yourself is how big was this booster? He owned a used car dealership and probably did well for himself...but he also probably wasn't meeting with the Athletic Director a couple times a year.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

bomar will go to a team witha history of moving the ball thru the air and scoring points

Yeah, maybe he'll go to USC, he's looking for a school that will take a kid that violated team and NCAA rules.  I am sure everyone is just dying to get him in.

what is wrong with usc?

they do everything right!

man sbien,are you intimidated by success in the big city?

usc has produced some of the best teams and players in college football over last 5 years

what is wrong with you?

carroll wouldnt even hire anyone on leavitt's staff.leavitt might get a job as a db coach!

i dont fault you because i realize you are new to the sport and have never been around world class athletes or programs.take it from me. guys like ronnie lott,anthony munoz,jack del rio, marcus allen are  a special breed of people.

i will be proud when usf and leavitt starts recruiting those types instead of guys that dont qualify

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think the NCAA will allow him to go to another Division 1 school after this mess.  If anything he'll go Juco.  We don't need this kid.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think the NCAA will allow him to go to another Division 1 school after this mess.  If anything he'll go Juco.  We don't need this kid.

this will be interesting