• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

White Sox- 2005 World Series Champions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

Must say Big win for the Chi Sox tonight!!!  And the Red Sox def. choked tonight!!!  It's quite possible that they may be champions the way they made their comeback tonight...past baseball champions have been known for making the huge comebacks...last year the Red Sox did it in games and the year before the Marlins did it in their games...gotta win big and with alot of emotion in the MLB playoffs!!!  

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

I just pray that the Angels beat the Yankees. I would much rather play the Angels next round. Then I love the way we match up with any of the four teams from the NL.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

anaheim won game 2.  Wouldn't want to see them down 2 games in a 5 game set going to NY.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Mince,

You wont beat the Cards pitching IF you happen to win the pennant.  

ChiSox pitching is definitely their strength, and i think their pitching is better than the Cards, BUT... Chicago's offense isn't exactly a juggernaut and can be beaten with good pitching (which we don't have this year).

I'd pick Cards in 5 if that were the matchup, but i don't see chicago getting by NY, if NY can get by Anaheim.  I think Chicago matches up better with Anaheim.

This series isn't over... we play well at home, but beating Garcia, Garland and Contreras is goign to be tough unless we get some major performance out of Wake/Arroyo/Wells <-- yes, i think wells will get the nod on 3 days rest over Schilling, believe it or not.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Although the Black Sox have a solid rotation, they have certainly not been as dominant as in the first half of the season.  Although the Cards have struggled as of late, you cant beat a staff lead by CY Young front runner Carpenter and followed by Mulder and Suppan.  Also, you are hard pressed to beat their bullpen lead by Isringhausen (sp?).

Suppan has pitched well this year, BUT... i would never put him in a list of unbeatable pitchers.  He was a sox castoff... we didn't even put him on our post season roster in 03 because he sucked so bad during the year.

And then we destroyed him last year in the WS.

Hes just a decent complementary pitcher.  Carpenter and Mulder are a solid 1 - 2.  But the top 3 from Chicago (Buerhle/Garland/Garcia) are all right there.  

And their #4 is actually their strongest pitcher lately(How in the world that happened, don't ask me), Contreras ???.

Contreras is a physival phenom. He has always had the physical tools and is finally putting all together- New York was just a place he could not play. Garland is actually the worst of the four.

Mike- Our starting pitching is very good over the last several weeks. And our middle relief is definetly bolstered by adding Hernandez, who is a clutch pitcher. Add that in to the emergence of Jenks and you can actually say our pitching is better at this point.

Also- our hitters are underrated. Every guy in the lineup has been making clutch knocks all year. From Uribe to Iguchi to Crede- to Rowand to Piersynski-to Dye- to- Everett- to kornerko. All of these guys are clutch. It's just too bad thomas is out.

Then add in the havoc Posednik causes.

Then add in our defense- which hasn't even played up to their usual level against Boston.

Plus guillen is the best manager in baseball.

We have the right mix of pitching, fielding, hitting, and intangibles to win it all. Sit back and enjoy- I know I will.

If you hit like you did in game 1, i'll agree... if you hit like you have all year and in game 2... i don't think you have the offense to do it.  That game was handed to you by Gaffe-anino.  Your offense was pretty much shut down by 42 year old wells, and 21 year old Papelbon.  Konerko is the only person I really fear in the lineup without the Big Hurt in there, although i may start having nightmares of Iguchi after that homer ;)

You've got plenty of pontential to hit, but that just hasn't happened... you've relied mainly on pitching all year (not that there is anything wrong with that), and i don't see that changing.

We have 19 runs so far in the playoffs- again hitting when it counts. We can win with pitching or hitting, which really only the cardinals can do also. Red Sox and Yankees definet