• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Was listing to a talking head speak about the new service and was a bit alarmed... Sounds like if a USF football game is not on ESPN family of channels it used to go to ESPN3. Now it will be on ESPN+ and we all would need to pay 4.99 a month on top of our paid cable subscription. 

as an FYI, all the P5 conferences are exempt from the new fee... which if true, is complete BULL**** 

Can anybody confirm this?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

Was listing to a talking head speak about the new service and was a bit alarmed... Sounds like if a USF football game is not on ESPN family of channels it used to go to ESPN3. Now it will be on ESPN+ and we all would need to pay 4.99 a month on top of our paid cable subscription. 

as an FYI, all the P5 conferences are exempt from the new fee... which if true, is complete BULL**** 

Can anybody confirm this?

I initially heard that all ESPN3 content was going over to ESPN+. But I don’t believe that the case now. For example if you look at ESPN+ you will see they have conference affiliations with the Ivy League, CUSA, and the MAC. Thus, the + channel will go hard at those schools. Further, our AAC contract with ESPN is pretty explicit about the number of games that are required to be on one of the ESPN main stations and ABC. Could there be a “few” games on ESPN+? Maybe but nothing I would get worked up on. Now, if our new contract bid is won by ESPN then this could be much more of an issue. I am personally hoping that we sign with NBC.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am personally hoping that we sign with NBC.

Thinking this would be pretty awesome, too .... Had no idea the different outlets NBC has until the SC playoffs this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thinking this would be pretty awesome, too .... Had no idea the different outlets NBC has until the SC playoffs this year.

I know right...USF football on the golf channel? Crazy, but I bet the production value would be great! Further, if we can get seven or eight games on NBC main network as lead in to ND football we will have excellent ratings. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know right...USF football on the golf channel? Crazy, but I bet the production value would be great! Further, if we can get seven or eight games on NBC main network as lead in to ND football we will have excellent ratings. 

Oh man, I would die to see Feherty doing college football.  I know he wouldn't but it would be priceless.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

hopefully this thing finds it's way on PSVUE.  I only get enough months to watch CFB.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

I hate watching USF football live on TV.  As much as I stress at the stadium, I usually have a few adult beverages in me to take the edge off - at least until halftime.  I don't usually drink much at home (no, really) and stress over every play, call and non call.  I have taken to having one or two during the game but I'm playing catch up.  

Back to the topic, if USF wins and I can watch a replay later I'll be good.  Unless you can join just for the months you would choose, I don't see myself spending more on our cable/internet bill than we are - year round.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I'll find a bar somewhere with the game on.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

If that happens it would be completely ridiculous. It's a double edge sword, on one hand I want to drop them (espn) all together but on the other hand they will just believe that it's just lack of fan support for the school.

As someone else mentioned NBC would be great as the production quality is outstanding. I love what they do with NHL.