• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls are ranked #20 by Baseball America

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The American is arguably the 3rd best conference in America this season. SEC is clearly #1 and I feel that the ACC is #2, but looking at OOC winning % and overall strength of the teams, it is hard to argue against the AAC as the #3 conference. 4 of the top 21 teams and 5 of the top 47 is really impressive. Of course, we have a couple of bottom feeders that are weighing us down, but what conference doesn't? 

I really think that Memphis is the only true bottom feeder.  Tulane is just ok this year, but I think WSU's conference record is more of an indicator of the strength of the AAC

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

yeah, the cosmetic benefits to beating UF are awesome. 

We beat the kanniggitts and they beat the gators, so no need to play the game, we can just claim a win.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

We beat the kanniggitts and they beat the gators, so no need to play the game, we can just claim a win.

Orlando logic at it’s finest right here 😂😂

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, charsibb said:

**** son you sound like a ucf graduate 😂

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

22 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Don't be so hasty here - if UF happens to repeat as CWS champs, we can probably raise a nat'l championship banner based on this circular logic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

So do these rankings put us ahead of South Carolina and Kingston?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

14 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

The American is arguably the 3rd best conference in America this season. SEC is clearly #1 and I feel that the ACC is #2, but looking at OOC winning % and overall strength of the teams, it is hard to argue against the AAC as the #3 conference. 4 of the top 21 teams and 5 of the top 47 is really impressive. Of course, we have a couple of bottom feeders that are weighing us down, but what conference doesn't? 

Agreed, if you look at the teams projected to go to the tournament SEC has 10, ACC has 7 while the AAC and the Big12 both have 5. But quite honestly, it doesn't surprise me, the AAC, IMO, was built for baseball. In general, outside of a couple of outliers, the AAC schools aren't considered football or basketball powerhouses but all these schools have had success in baseball, adding Wichita St kind of sealed that for me. I think if we want to crack the p5 ceiling in a particular sport it, at this point, the easiest road is baseball. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Agreed, if you look at the teams projected to go to the tournament SEC has 10, ACC has 7 while the AAC and the Big12 both have 5. But quite honestly, it doesn't surprise me, the AAC, IMO, was built for baseball. In general, outside of a couple of outliers, the AAC schools aren't considered football or basketball powerhouses but all these schools have had success in baseball, adding Wichita St kind of sealed that for me. I think if we want to crack the p5 ceiling in a particular sport it, at this point, the easiest road is baseball. 

It's much easier to compete in baseball.  Look at Coastal Carolina just a couple of years ago

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So do these rankings put us ahead of South Carolina and Kingston?

SC is not listed in any poll and are 23-17 this season