• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls AD Harlan About to Sign an Extension

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jury is still out on current MBB coach so we will see

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

No actually the jury isn't.  He has a proven track record and has been to just as many ncaa tournaments as a coach than we have as a school.  I don't see how the jury is still out. 

He's talking about the jury being out as far as a USF hoops coach and he's absolutely right. Jury don't give a **** what he did before, it's what he does here. Seth had been to as many ncaa tournaments as we had and we saw how that worked out .... and for the record, CBG has been to 2 NCAA tourneys and we've been to 3. It's going to be a couple of years minimum before the jury can even begin to come to decision.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, Harlan is fine, I may be wrong but I think he brought in Kingston as well? I'm totally fine with him sticking around, getting an extension and digging in here to continue to help propel the ENTIRE athletic department forward for USF. I realize that football is king here but if football stayed neutral and all other sports caught up to football in quality, I'd be totally cool with that. I don't think there has been many if any mistakes, no one here was complaining when Antigua was hired so I don't call that a mistake. I call that a bad hand.  If there are mistakes, allowing the departures of George Kiefer and Mark Kingston would stand out for me. I would also include the firing of Stan as a mistake but I don't think Harlen and company did that, I had heard that Stan was fired by the previous admin right before Harlen got there. However, again, I could be wrong there.

I'm not sure about Kiefer, but I don't think there was any way he could have kept Kingston with the USC $$$$ and profile. I think he felt good about Mohl all along.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I would also include the firing of Stan as a mistake but I don't think Harlen and company did that, I had heard that Stan was fired by the previous admin right before Harlen got there. However, again, I could be wrong there.

MH was here but, from what I understand, wasn't part of the decision and his only input was if you're going to do something, do it quick so he can start to move forward ..... and it wasn't the previous AD that made the decision either.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

If Harlan were the real deal, he would have used his UCLA connections to bring John Wooden back from the grave as coach of our hoops squad. The guy's a bum.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

He's talking about the jury being out as far as a USF hoops coach and he's absolutely right. Jury don't give a **** what he did before, it's what he does here. Seth had been to as many ncaa tournaments as we had and we saw how that worked out .... and for the record, CBG has been to 2 NCAA tourneys and we've been to 3. It's going to be a couple of years minimum before the jury can even begin to come to decision.

This! Thank you sir! 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Im good with Harlan. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im good with Harlan. 

Yep, me too.  Extend the man.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I KNOW we could do worse than Harlan. Still not sure we can do better, given our situation.

Personally, from the few times we've spoken, I think he's a ****, but he deserves an extension.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, charsibb said:

I KNOW we could do worse than Harlan. Still not sure we can do better, given our situation.

Personally, from the few times we've spoken, I think he's a ****, but he deserves an extension.

This. If you're not happy with who we hired to replace Doug Woolard, you're probably really not going to like who we get to replace Harlan.

We **** about getting rid of Leavitt, about how Heath got a raw deal. We **** about personnel decisions but then want to get rid of our AD who, while he may not be great, is good. The fanbase is weak as it is, the last thing we need is instability. Hopefully his push for an OCS is genuine and we can look back at it as the catalyst that engages the fanbase.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

This. If you're not happy with who we hired to replace Doug Woolard, you're probably really not going to like who we get to replace Harlan.

We **** about getting rid of Leavitt, about how Heath got a raw deal. We **** about personnel decisions but then want to get rid of our AD who, while he may not be great, is good. The fanbase is weak as it is, the last thing we need is instability. Hopefully his push for an OCS is genuine and we can look back at it as the catalyst that engages the fanbase.

The stability point is a very good one.