• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could Bruce Hector be the sleeper of USF’s draft class?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

TAMPA — His collection of skills seems to ooze NFL draft jargon: hip swivel, burst, agility, leverage, active hands.

Over the past three or four months, most — or all — of these attributes have been affixed to USF defensive lineman Bruce Hector.

"Most people talk to me about my athleticism," the former Robinson High three-sport athlete said. "My hands, quick feet, good hips. My ability to get upfield — when they watch that on film they like that."

To be sure, the Bulls' 2017 sacks leader (seven) is neither the fastest or even fiercest of his team's draft prospects. Most would agree those titles belong to wideout Marquez Valdes-Scantling and fellow interior defensive lineman Deadrin Senat, respectively.

But consider how Hector lined up at nose tackle and three-technique in the Bulls' four-man front. Ask his high school basketball coach about his gracefulness  girth aside — on the basketball court. Let his position coach — also Robinson's wrestling coach — tell you what a force of nature he could've been on the mat.

One might come away convinced that pound for pound, Hector could be the best overall athlete of USF's 2018 prospects.

Full Article, Tampa Bay Times

Does Bruce go first for the Bulls? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Been saying he'll be sorely missed since the season ended.  He was probably our most effective pass rusher the last couple of years and that's amplified because good pass rushers inside are hard to find.   He's a guy I can see getting a chance late in the draft because he's already VERY technically proficient and has been consistently productive at the college level.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him go on to have a lengthy NFL career.   

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Athleticism was one of JPP's strongest suits, would make sense with Hector too. Hope it works out for him!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Good athlete & football player, but I still believe Senat is our highest drafted Bull this year.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When I see him I think Butch Wolfolk. Big belly with speed.