• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Can USF FB Get to 10 Win? CBS Sports Says Nope!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-college-football-teams-least-likely-to-win-10-games-again-in-2018/

USF: The Bulls reached double-digit wins for the second straight season last year, and it was also the second time in program history (all 18 years of it) they reached that level. I'm a bit skeptical about a three-peat, though.

USF isn't in a Power Five conference, but it is in what most consider to be the best Group of Five conference, meaning there's a lot of competition. This is a USF team that will have to replace a lot of its production from 2017, including Quinton Flowers, whom I'd guess most would consider to be the greatest player in program history. That's not easy to do. Throw in a couple of nonconference games with Georgia Tech and Illinois, and it's not crazy to think this team could go 2-2 outside the AAC. That means it would need to go 8-0 in conference play to reach 10 wins, and I'm not sure that's feasible with road trips to TulsaHoustonCincinnatiTemple, as well as the regular season finale against UCF.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

OOC we should go at worst 3 and 1. 

What we do in conference is the key. 

8 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

OOC we should go at worst 3 and 1. 

What we do in conference is the key. 

True, I feel pretty confident against Illinois 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Lazy writing. Sure we might not win 10 games but we still have an incredibly weak schedule again. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

GT wasn’t very good, neither was Illinois. I don’t think we lose an ooc game. The conference slate could be tough, but throw in a bowl game and we could get to double digits.

11 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

GT wasn’t very good, neither was Illinois. I don’t think we lose an ooc game. The conference slate could be tough, but throw in a bowl game and we could get to double digits.

The only thing that worries me about GT is stopping the option. This may one instance in seeing who had the best defensive coach...current coaching staff or Willies coaching staff. Willie could not stop Navy consistently two years ago. The best hope is that the team preps for the option for longer durations during summer camp, since it is the second game in the schedule. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only thing that worries me about GT is stopping the option. This may one instance in seeing who had the best defensive coach...current coaching staff or Willies coaching staff. Willie could not stop Navy consistently two years ago. The best hope is that the team preps for the option for longer durations during summer camp, since it is the second game in the schedule. 

My guess is they will be preparing for that offense all during camp; not constantly, but there will be time set aside.  Had a game against some strange type offense years back and the coach at the time said that they would work on it in the summer practices.  

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He kind of stopped them the 2nd time we played them and we  currently have a waaaaaaaaaaaay better defense now. But still can't say Im 100% confident, but like our chances. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

I sort of like the media saying we can't win 10 games. The team needs to use this as motivation to prove people wrong.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF: The Bulls reached double-digit wins for the second straight season last year, and it was also the second time in program history (all 18 years of it) they reached that level.

Wow! 19th season this year just happens to coincide with with my 21st birthday.