• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Wants Your Input in OCS Feasibility Study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Just received our email from the Bulls Club.  Now to get to work on it.  Will have to wait for the Mrs unless we do two separate surveys.

Edit: Claims it will take 10 - 15 minutes.  Hopefully people put some thought into filling this out.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Brad said:

If they are smart, they start much lower and create the demand.  12k is a 65k stadium is one thing. 12k in a 45k stadium is another.  

I'm a bit surprised you advocate alienating your onsite fan base.  Wow.  I'm down with paying customers taking first dibs, but not at the expense of the students.  Do away with $99 season tickets before we reduce the student section.  We shouldn't be the Spirit Air of college football.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

You're probably correct NE.  However, it has to cost more based on cost of the OCS.  If it's 40K seats and you take out the 12K student section that leaves 28K.  Take out another 5K for alumni, staff, band, visiting teams, donated seats, etc and that leaves 23K.  Another 10K for "high rollers", "corporate" and "suites" and now you're down to 13K seats or so for the average fan. 

I'm sure my numbers can move either way for sake of the argument.  My hope would be the student section would be expanded by 3K to 15K total. 

I would bet a very small portion of seats would sell for "cheap".  I'm cool with this model.  I just hope those wanting an OCS have the jingles to get in.

Exactly how empty do you want our student section to look?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

So, just did the survey.  Took closer to 1/2 hour with adding some comments.  Prices will be going up if they build this as most of us guessed. As with any survey of this type I would have liked to be able to make comments as I went along rather than at a couple of spots in the beginning and end.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

21 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I’m a bit surprised you advocate alienating your onsite fan base.  Wow. 

:roflmao: 

What’s the student enrollment, 40k+?  Why stop at 15k?  Your discriminatory practices are appalling.  Gee.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

:roflmao: 

What’s the student enrollment, 40k+?  Why stop at 15k?  Your discriminatory practices are appalling.  Gee.  

Hahahahaha.  As with anything in our society money talks.  We shall see.  Trust me, we won't have to worry about an OCS for at least 7 more years. 

I encourage all those in and around the Tampa market to attend a USF Athletics Board Meeting.  They are open to the public and lots of great information exchanges hands.  Let your voice be heard beyond a survey online. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Hopefully people put some thought into filling this out.

Why would we do that? The survey didn’t seem very well thought out, so why should we think before responding?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Hahahahaha.  As with anything in our society money talks.  We shall see.  Trust me, we won't have to worry about an OCS for at least 7 more years. 

I encourage all those in and around the Tampa market to attend a USF Athletics Board Meeting.  They are open to the public and lots of great information exchanges hands.  Let your voice be heard beyond a survey online. 

Go Bulls!

Great idea! Attend the meetings.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

YES the time is now.

image.png?w=500&c=1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why can't we replace Corbett with a stadium?