• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Wants Your Input in OCS Feasibility Study

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Stadium Feasibility Study Moves Into Broad Survey Phase

STADIUM FEASIBILITY STUDY MOVES INTO BROAD SURVEY PHASE

TAMPA, April 16, 2018 – The USF feasibility study exploring the possibility of an on-campus football stadium will move into its next phase with a broad survey of USF students, alumni, faculty and staff, Bulls Club members and football ticket buyers beginning this week.

"As we have said from the beginning of this process, the interests of our university community, USF students, alumni and supporters will be an integral part of our decision-making process as we continue to study the potential for an on-campus football stadium," USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan said. "The next step in our study is to reach out to those constituents and ask for their input and opinions. We look forward to their participation in this process and learning from what they have to say."

A link to complete an online survey regarding an on-campus stadium will arrive via e-mail this week. USF students, alumni, university faculty and staff members, Bulls Club members and fans who have previously purchased USF football tickets will receive the e-mail and are encouraged to take a few minutes to complete the survey and provide their input.

The survey data will be compiled later this spring as the next step in the stadium feasibility study, which has also included identifying potential locations for an on-campus stadium, analysis of potential costs, and evaluating the financial feasibility and prospective philanthropic support for a stadium. The feasibility study will be completed this summer.

The initial phase of the study, presented last August, identified potential locations for an on-campus stadium and analyzed the scope and potential cost of the project. Two primary options were identified: the western portion of campus, slightly north of Fowler Avenue and east of Bruce B. Downs and a second location farther east on campus, near the corner of Fowler Avenue and USF Bull Run Drive on the existing Fowler Fields site. According to the study, the estimated cost of a stadium would be $200 million; however, many factors could cause the final amount to be modified.

The feasibility study can be found here:
http://www.usf.edu/pdfs/football-conceptual-planning-study.pdf

Conceptual renderings can be viewed here:
http://www.usf.edu/images/ucm/media/zone-1.jpg
http://www.usf.edu/images/ucm/media/zone-2.jpg

USF will continue to play home football games at Raymond James Stadium. In 2017, USF signed a six-year lease agreement to continue its partnership with the Tampa Sports Authority and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Joey is joey and jumps around from one topic to another. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I vote for Zone 1, Position 2 and axis 3. That's the best location as far as location for Brand Exposure and aesthetics. I say well played. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I love both.  Make it 37K seats and charge $5K per seat.  No athletic fees.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looks like we are on official status. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Looking thru it - 1. They don't show building something expandable, although that could come later. 2. Just from the renderings, I don't think we should have the circular shape. That puts the sidelines way to far off the field.  3. Gonna go zone 2,. keeps all of the athletics in one area. I understand the parking issue there, but solving that issue would solve a ton more issues.

What amount of a "seat deposit" would you be willing to pay for a new stadium?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Looking thru it - 1. They don't show building something expandable, although that could come later. 2. Just from the renderings, I don't think we should have the circular shape. That puts the sidelines way to far off the field.  3. Gonna go zone 2,. keeps all of the athletics in one area. I understand the parking issue there, but solving that issue would solve a ton more issues.

What amount of a "seat deposit" would you be willing to pay for a new stadium?

I would be willing to do $1000 each for two tickets in a heartbeat. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would be willing to do $1000 each for two tickets in a heartbeat. 

I think an OCS of 40K is going to price a lot of our fan base out games.  We are currently selling season tickets for $99.  That will not and cannot happen in a 40K stadium OCS.  Operating costs will not allow it. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I think an OCS of 40K is going to price a lot of our fan base out games.  We are currently selling season tickets for $99.  That will not and cannot happen in a 40K stadium OCS.  Operating costs will not allow it. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

Then why is it that ucf, ECU, FIU, FAU have comparable prices to ours now?

• Upvote 1