• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is the USF beat writer . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He has ppl at the gates clicking everywhere 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

NewEngland: I get it. It's not personal. I just think that his twitter handle TBTimes_Bulls needs to change at this point if he's not going to be dedicated to USF-related coverage. When four of the first seven tweets in his feed are FSU related, it doesn't fit. He's not writing for an FSU audience, is he?

Yes, I agree. It should change if he is picking up more and more sports that are not USF related. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I prefer to ignore TBT, especially JK.  

I agree it sucks the hometown paper won't cover the hometown team as best as they could (or have.) But, as someone not in Tampa anymore, I have to follow those outlets that do cover The Bulls, and TBT is not it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How do they know the attendance? There was not a ticket or a gate keeper with a counter. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dave, about 90% on this board support your position. I am more in the 10% as I give Joey more than a benefit of a doubt and believe he is following the orders of his editor.

I would hope the breakdown is better than 90-10 .... that we don't have that many thin skinned Bulls fans on this board. Just for the record, here's the link to his Twitter account to interject some fact into this thread that is rife with misinformation. I do agree that it probably would be best if he changed his Twitter handle since that seems to be sort of the root of the problem .... or at the very least, have another Twitter account whenever he has the audacity to post something not USF. And I'm not saying that JK is perfect, far from it, just that I think he's not the devil incarnate as portrayed here at times.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

The fact that we as a fan base are dissecting a sports writer's Twitter feed is evidence enough that newspapers are a dying medium, if not already dead. No disrespect to JK (I demand more USF coverage), but the fact that TBT can't allocate the proper resources to cover a Top 25 team should be telling. It isn't lack of interest. They have a few writers playing zone defense covering multiple teams/events.

TBT will be a long lost memory soon. Kind of like the old Buccaneers.com message boards, for those who remember that!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

We are irrelevant. At best, we play for a consolation prize and people want to cheer for teams that can play for the whole enchilada. An undefeated season vs. a winless season doesn't really change much for us in the Tampa community because of our current irrelevant perception. Three thousand at a spring game against fifty thousand says a lot. The paper is going to go for the most readers and we are not it...it's sad but true.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Dave, you are currently leading the board in positive feedback, much coming from this thread.  I imagine, regardless of the words used, many agree there is an issue.   It would be great if the TBTimes brass knew and/or cared.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

We have the Stampede but obviously they dont have the funds or access that TBT has.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The paper writes what is of interest to the fans, not the other way around. Hell, we had the best QB in the state for the past two years, winning games by the boatload...yet very few in Tampa care. No newspaper can change that....