• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is the USF beat writer . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

It's sad, but we can't really blame the news paper when the school doesn't promote it. Someone just sent me a screen shot of a person that said they are on campus four days a week and didn't know there was a spring game.

USF Athletics and marketing should make it impossible for anyone on campus to be able to make that statement. 

Well the marketing may need to be better, but that person should get out from under their rock once in awhile.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Well the marketing may need to be better, but that person should get out from under their rock once in awhile.

As I have said before. I have been walking into the Sun Dome and heard students asking what's going on on there. I've talked to a lot of grads, young and  not so young, and I hear this comment way to often. The rock ain't that big. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

USF beat writer who didn't attend USF spring game due to other obligations writes article pointing out that others did the same.  This is some high level Joey Knight right here! 

Where was he?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, NYCbull said:

Where was he?

College visit with his kid.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, gmanbull93 said:

JK just released an article about the attendance at the spring game...

The fact that JK omitted the obvious issue...it was head to head with a Lightning playoff game shows that there was some bias intended. I admit that was the reason that I did not go to the spring game. I am one of the few that would prefer that the game was at Ray Jay as opposed to Corbett also. Would not have mattered for me this year....but I was planning to go until the Lightning schedule was updated.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/04/16/maybe-on-campus-stadium-wont-resolve-usfs-attendance-woes/

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

USF beat writer who didn't attend USF spring game due to other obligations writes article pointing out that others did the same.  This is some high level Joey Knight right here! 

Now this is a subject that's actually worthy of a JK ***** thread ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But he had a "valid" reason.   

4 hours ago, pacificd said:

The fact that we as a fan base are dissecting a sports writer's Twitter feed is evidence enough that newspapers are a dying medium, if not already dead. No disrespect to JK (I demand more USF coverage), but the fact that TBT can't allocate the proper resources to cover a Top 25 team should be telling. It isn't lack of interest. They have a few writers playing zone defense covering multiple teams/events.

TBT will be a long lost memory soon. Kind of like the old Buccaneers.com message boards, for those who remember that!

Man, I hope that the TBT newspaper can at least hold on until I go down for my dirt nap ...... can't imagine a day going by without getting ink on my fingers.

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But he had a "valid" reason.   

For the article or not being there ...?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

It's sad, but we can't really blame the news paper when the school doesn't promote it. Someone just sent me a screen shot of a person that said they are on campus four days a week and didn't know there was a spring game.

USF Athletics and marketing should make it impossible for anyone on campus to be able to make that statement. 

You are 100% correct. It’s way to easy and incorrect to blame a reporter on USF attendance issues. In terms of USF marketing, we must have the worst marketing department in the nation. We jumped the shark a few years back when the airplane banner was used. Worst part is that I don’t think the Athletics department even cares...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are 100% correct. It’s way to easy and incorrect to blame a reporter on USF attendance issues. In terms of USF marketing, we must have the worst marketing department in the nation. We jumped the shark a few years back when the airplane banner was used. Worst part is that I don’t think the Athletics department even cares...

Didn't I read somewhere that our attendance was better than most of the AAC schools.  If that is the case then their marketing depts must suck more than ours.  It isn't that marketing doesn't care, the general student population and population of the Tampa Bay area don't care.