• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football News has USF Going 9-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention losing their best receiver Tre Quan Smith.  They should at least go 8-5 or 7-6 barring a hurricane limiting their games.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I have to think losing Frost is going to be a major blow.

Excellent point, losing a coach and staff is hard to overcome. I feel this what cost us last year. 18-22 year olds need consistency of good coaching. I don’t think they go 6-6 but they won’t go 12-0 either. I just hope that last game is for the east. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Not to mention losing their best receiver Tre Quan Smith.  They should at least go 8-5 or 7-6 barring a hurricane limiting their games.

yeah, Griffin & Smith were pretty major losses, but Frost was their rudder. They still have Milton & Killins to wreak havoc on O, we'll see if the new coach can put it together with the D. Hope not.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I am sure the new players they are replacing feel pretty confident they can get the job done. I am sure they have more confidence in their potential success than you do. 

It doesn't appear that you understood the point of my post. 

Anyway, If your expectation is that a coach with a slow it down philosophy who no longer has any of the weapons left over from the GCO is going to somehow exceed 38 points and 500 yards of offense per game than have at it. 

You will be one of the many whining after the 1st half of the first game.  I prefer to be realistic and expect the forthcoming slow down of offensive production.   

Just now, beastiebull said:

It doesn't appear that you understood the point of my post. 

Anyway, If your expectation is that a coach with a slow it down philosophy who no longer has any of the weapons left over from the GCO is going to somehow exceed 38 points and 500 yards of offense per game than have at it. 

You will be one of the many whining after the 1st half of the first game.  I prefer to be realistic and expect the forthcoming slow down of offensive production.   

My point is who cares if they slow down and run? Who is to say won’t be effective? Even if they don’t score 30 points a game it may not matter, the defense can stop the opponent. There is talent on this roster to match the game plan of this coaching staff. I choose to wait and see. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

who no longer has any of the weapons left over from the GCO

This could be a blessing in disguise. I would rather have players that suit Gilbert's offense than Taggart's weapons. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

This could be a blessing in disguise. I would rather have players that suit Gilbert's offense than Taggart's weapons. 

This! So many on this board are longing for the Gulf Coast Offense to be present. Guess what? Too bad! It’s gone with Willie. Let’s see what Gilbert does with this group suited to play his offense. I personally don’t need 30 points a game as long as the offense milks the clock and the defense plays well (and these two relate). We will win a large share of games this year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Pretty sure when last season started no one expected a coach with a "slow it down philosophy", with 2 of the major weapons from the GCO gone, and a 3rd underutilized according to some, to score 38 points and average more yards per game than the GCO did .... just have to see what happens.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure when last season started no one expected a coach with a "slow it down philosophy", with 2 of the major weapons from the GCO gone, and a 3rd underutilized according to some, to score 38 points and average more yards per game than the GCO did .... just have to see what happens.

I agree for the most part as I was one of those whom expected a drop off. We did however, face one of the worst schedules in a long time while compiling those numbers. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I agree for the most part as I was one of those whom expected a drop off. We did however, face one of the worst schedules in a long time while compiling those numbers. 

2017 was easily our worst schedule since 2016.