• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Joey the Weasel Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I also want to mention, Joey is a person, good chance he sees this. If you disagree with how he does his job, that is fine, you can express that. No need to ever personally attack someone, and it is cowardly to do so hiding behind a screen name. I don't know why we act like the internet gives us permission to treat people differently than we would treat them face to face. 

I am positive that JK is a person. It is also my opinion that he is a below average reporter. He is always free to prove me otherwise. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

49 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I am positive that JK is a person. It is also my opinion that he is a below average reporter. He is always free to prove me otherwise. 

Edited by Skingraft
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

That is an opinion, but it certainly might. When a past generation reporter got to exclusively cover the USF beat, they got to spend lots of time around USF. Also, many times sources want something in return, like coverage for what they care about. If we don't have the inches of space in the paper for USF coverage we once had, sources may be harder to come by. 

Fair enough. My criticism of his coverage is the lack of insider information and breaking news. Greg did a great job of fostering relationships and getting scoops. While he may not have the print space, he has a valuable blog at his disposal, so it isn't like he is unable to offer sources anything in exchange. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

I'm fine with the fact that our beat writer is covering fsu instead of USF practice. I'm sure the FSU beat writer is doing a fine job covering USF for our Tally Bulls.

Take your head out of your butt... the story was about QF not FSU.

There was nothing else to cover about USF after CJF’s Bulls 💩 the bed against Buffalo.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What's the big deal? So he interviewed our ex coach. He also asked questions about Q to Willie. Jesus, let the guy make a living. He also covered the road race in Tampa a few weeks ago. He is not property to USF. The way the newspaper industry is going all reporters are multitasking.

Truth...it's kinda slow for USF sports, there are Noles fans in the area and most importantly...as you noted, they need to keep these guys fully active, and trying to generate clicks and sales.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Are other team's beat writers covering USF?  I'm not seeing much about USF on their beat writer's pages...plenty of Bulls in Tally. If enough of us demand it, think we can get him to cover us as well?

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

19 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree in the sense that this isn't the issue to complain about. It misses the real point and the reason that we need a new beat writer, and that is the fact that Joey Knight is lazy as a beat writer. He doesn't cultivate sources. He doesn't break stories. He is essentially a human Google Alert and lets us know when someone else breaks something USF related. This is what happens when you are the only show in town. At least when the Tampa Tribune was a competitor it forced the Times to care about their coverage a little bit more. 

This.  Joey is not a good USF beat writer  but this story in particular isn't something to ***** about.   This is actually one of the 3 or so stories he will write this year that are actually original content and a bit outside of the box.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

21 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Are other team's beat writers covering USF?  I'm not seeing much about USF on their beat writer's pages...plenty of Bulls in Tally. If enough of us demand it, think we can get him to cover us as well?

Would you have been happier if he’d written about  USF’s low attendance at the game?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

Just be happy we have any coverage.  Maybe we'll be relevant someday and he'll have more to write about.  I'm sure he had high hopes of writing an article about the women's team, but that kind of went in the crapper. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I know a lot of folks don't care for some of these guys but:  https://www.thedailystampede.com/

If you want more USF coverage, go to the outlets that are covering it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2