• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey the Weasel Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

We have got to be one the most creative fan bases when it comes to finding stuff to ***** about ...

lmao! I have to agree. I mean geez, Taggart was promoting QF to the NFL it wasnt even about Taggart. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I'm fine with the fact that our beat writer is covering fsu instead of USF practice. I'm sure the FSU beat writer is doing a fine job covering USF for our Tally Bulls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

I'm fine with the fact that our beat writer is covering fsu instead of USF practice. I'm sure the FSU beat writer is doing a fine job covering USF for our Tally Bulls.

He was up there covering USF. Probably prepaid his hotel for several nights to save some money ... but then unexpectedly had some time to kill and this was a perfect time killer. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

Guys, relax. Please understand the newspaper industry is changing drastically and our marketplace for that coverage is changing (1 daily paper vs. 2). He doesn't have the same resources that past generations of beat writers have had. 

He doesn't hate/dislike/slant coverage against USF. As a reporter we are going to like some of what he has to say and not other things, but he still has a job to report them. 

I got lots of respect for many of our writers over the years and there are some that I didn't want on the beat. Joey is in the group that I respect (along with Greg and Joey Johnson for the record). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

14 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Guys, relax. Please understand the newspaper industry is changing drastically and our marketplace for that coverage is changing (1 daily paper vs. 2). He doesn't have the same resources that past generations of beat writers have had. 

He doesn't hate/dislike/slant coverage against USF. As a reporter we are going to like some of what he has to say and not other things, but he still has a job to report them. 

I got lots of respect for many of our writers over the years and there are some that I didn't want on the beat. Joey is in the group that I respect (along with Greg and Joey Johnson for the record). 

Do the budget cuts prevent the development of relationships, sources, and, ultimately, breaking news? 

I also want to mention, Joey is a person, good chance he sees this. If you disagree with how he does his job, that is fine, you can express that. No need to ever personally attack someone, and it is cowardly to do so hiding behind a screen name. I don't know why we act like the internet gives us permission to treat people differently than we would treat them face to face. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Do the budget cuts prevent the development of relationships, sources, and, ultimately, breaking news? 

That is an opinion, but it certainly might. When a past generation reporter got to exclusively cover the USF beat, they got to spend lots of time around USF. Also, many times sources want something in return, like coverage for what they care about. If we don't have the inches of space in the paper for USF coverage we once had, sources may be harder to come by. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Meanwhile, the same story is up on the bulls blog for weeks. We have no coverage ...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Guys and Gals, It's spring practice.  We have a lot of positions that are being fought for and our Offence and Defense's are still evolving. I'm glad in this sense that we don't have any coverage as, the less coverage the better. The less film teams we'll be facing this year have on us, the better. Joey was plugging Q and I'm fine with that. Our Basketball programs just had a down moment, The men had a forgettable season with some season ending upside. Our Women had a great season with a heartbreaking loss to end it. I'm sure both squads would enjoy some rest at the moment and not have to deal with microphones, phone call's, text's or e-mails from media personnel asking a plethora of questions. Lets just take this moment in time, relax and enjoy some well earned silence. :GoBulls:

We can start ******** again April 1st. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

Maybe his boss is making him cover FSU. Reporters actually have bosses that tell them what stories to run. Its not as much Freedom as you think.