• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks Like Sun Dome has a Sponsor Name

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Unless things have changed since I was in college, quality was secondary to price in my beer choice. Yuengling's problem is it costs as much as Bud, but tastes like Milwaukee's Best.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

27 minutes ago, Publix Substitution said:

Yuengling is well respected amongst beer enthusiasts. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and tastes but if it's been a while since you've tried Yuengling I would give it another shot. Most people consider it to be the same price as Bud but much better, not the other way around.

Only time a drink Bud or Bud Light is when it is the only option available.  Dislike them both. Tastes are different with everyone. Texted CJF about a new bourbon I tried and really liked, Horse Soldier 8 year wheated.  He was like, meh. Son-in-law thought the same.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Brad said:

image.png

Uh.....what's the "NO BULL" crap?

Stop looking for dark clouds in our silver lining ...

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I quit looking for a solid review on page 14 of my Google search "yuengling review." The closest I found was someone who said it's #8 on the list of Best Cheap Beers.

10 beer brands Americans are proud to drink

To find out which beer brands Americans are most proud of, YouGov BrandIndex surveyed consumers on quality, satisfaction, impression, value, reputation and willingness to recommend.

Here are the top 10 picks according to their results.

2. Yuengling

Yuengling subway ad Aaron Taube/Business Insider (Courtesy of New York Transit Museum)

Yuengling describes its Pottsville, Pennsylvania production site as "America's oldest brewery." Fans of Yuengling praise the lager's smooth taste.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

10 beer brands Americans are proud to drink

To find out which beer brands Americans are most proud of, YouGov BrandIndex surveyed consumers on quality, satisfaction, impression, value, reputation and willingness to recommend.

Here are the top 10 picks according to their results.

2. Yuengling

Yuengling subway ad Aaron Taube/Business Insider (Courtesy of New York Transit Museum)

Yuengling describes its Pottsville, Pennsylvania production site as "America's oldest brewery." Fans of Yuengling praise the lager's smooth taste.

Americans are proud to eat at Subway, too.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

78F09055-950C-438D-8AD8-F90E3A0C81E5.thumb.png.5e833efd4f2a873696844790a4014e34.pngB77FAF58-7A95-403B-89B8-2599FC53AE21.thumb.png.652e2342f93b3a5396ca8d9f1536fa53.png

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Americans are proud to eat at Subway, too.

link? :D 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Unless things have changed since I was in college, quality was secondary to price in my beer choice. Yuengling's problem is it costs as much as Bud, but tastes like Milwaukee's Best.

That's why I asked

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

78F09055-950C-438D-8AD8-F90E3A0C81E5.thumb.png.5e833efd4f2a873696844790a4014e34.pngB77FAF58-7A95-403B-89B8-2599FC53AE21.thumb.png.652e2342f93b3a5396ca8d9f1536fa53.png

https://vinepair.com/articles/11-cheap-american-beers-ranked-from-awful-to-drinabkle/

"Yuengling has more to it than your traditional macro, and also feels heavier. So cross out chugging, if that’s your cheap-beer goal. It’s malty, toasty, and sweet, but it also tastes like parts of the metal tank got into each can and keg. It’s not available west of the Mississippi, but don’t worry westerners, you’re only missing out on a middling cheap beer."

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

https://vinepair.com/articles/11-cheap-american-beers-ranked-from-awful-to-drinabkle/

"Yuengling has more to it than your traditional macro, and also feels heavier. So cross out chugging, if that’s your cheap-beer goal. It’s malty, toasty, and sweet, but it also tastes like parts of the metal tank got into each can and keg. It’s not available west of the Mississippi, but don’t worry westerners, you’re only missing out on a middling cheap beer."

Okay so you and Nick think Bud is much better than the Dome’s namesake. Even if we factor both of you at a zero to Yuengling and a five to Bud it still leaves the averages unchanged and that most American Beer drinkers that care to weigh in on the subject find Yuengling okay and Budweiser poor, and it’s not even close.