• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Somebody has to step up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

There are only about 120 or so Iron Bulls.  Many of those are companies.  Pretty sad for a university that has hundreds of thousands of alums in a 7 county area.  I don't know what the answer is. You can't put a gun to someone's head to make them donate.  We now have leadership that seems to go out of there way to not recognize those that do. And it isn't that you give for the recognition but it was kind of cool to see your name scroll through on the corner boards at football games.  For whatever reason it was decided to stop doing that. 

Went to a basketball game at FGCU the year they were dunk city.  In their basketball arena they had plaques of people that donated. Asked about doing that here and was told that since the SunDome is owned by a separate corporation in couldn't be done.  They've done the brick thing and the little plaques at the baseball stadium.  But people need to want to give to help out the program.  Those that say winning changes everything but this is one area where it doesn't seem to help much.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

There are only about 120 or so Iron Bulls.  Many of those are companies.  Pretty sad for a university that has hundreds of thousands of alums in a 7 county area.  I don't know what the answer is. You can't put a gun to someone's head to make them donate.  We now have leadership that seems to go out of there way to not recognize those that do. And it isn't that you give for the recognition but it was kind of cool to see your name scroll through on the corner boards at football games.  For whatever reason it was decided to stop doing that. 

Went to a basketball game at FGCU the year they were dunk city.  In their basketball arena they had plaques of people that donated. Asked about doing that here and was told that since the SunDome is owned by a separate corporation in couldn't be done.  They've done the brick thing and the little plaques at the baseball stadium.  But people need to want to give to help out the program.  Those that say winning changes everything but this is one area where it doesn't seem to help much.  

Three worst words in the language. Gawd how I hate hearing them.

"Any dammed fool can say no. You find success in this world by surrounding yourself with people that know how to say yes."

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If you want name recognition, inquire about obtaining the naming rights for the Dome.  😃

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If you want name recognition, inquire about obtaining the naming rights for the Dome.  😃

If we had that kind of money we would.  Unfortunately the naming of a row of seats in the baseball stadium is about our max.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Always knew we lacked donors didn’t realize how bad it was.  Blame on both ends.  Athletics outreach and alumni proactively reaching out to give something.  

Sad, but as a department and alumni base (not those on here) we have to collectively piss or get off the pot.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

USF just needs to keep winning their football games, put a good product on the field, and the revenue with come.

59 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF just needs to keep winning their football games, put a good product on the field, and the revenue with come.

I hate to disagree but there is some vortex disconnect with USF grads and USF sports. Football team has put together a couple of very nice years and attendance and donations haven't jumped by the amount one would hope.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I used to believe that but no more. Yes, we need to win but we need to win in a better conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

We need to win when it counts. Win 8 - 10 games a year and crap the bed in that one game that counts and we're right back to where we are today.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I used to believe that but no more. Yes, we need to win but we need to win in a better conference. 

I think my statement was too general. We need to win the big games and our conference. I think if we had we had a year like UCF had last year,  we could have raised a lot of money. Either way, can bring revenue, but it starts with winning period. This is why i root for our opponents when we are not playing them. We need the strongest schedule we can get.

• Upvote 1