• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers Shows Talent In Front Of NFL Scouts, Wants A Chance At QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

He and Q have a great relationship and a great respect for one another. I'm sure if Q every needs anything in life that Willie would try and help him. 

I can see that being true. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 3/19/2018 at 9:00 AM, Orlando Bull said:

I also think there was a real focus of keeping Q healthy. He had a lot of those dynamic plays in 2016 early in games, or, even at times where we were pulling away from teams. Last year, we really only used him sparingly as a runner unless the game was on the line. When he did run, he was definitely cognizant of taking hits.

As for his build not working at the next level... Russell Wilson is almost the same exact build and he's been pretty durable. Not exactly the same type of player, but, Q would have to be more like this year but better passing to make it at the next level. He can't be the running threat that he was in 2015/2016. He'd have to pick spots and take off only when things break down, limiting himself to 10 or so runs per game.

Better not sign with the Giants then.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

19 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

He and Q have a great relationship and a great respect for one another. I'm sure if Q every needs anything in life that Willie would try and help him. 

Confirmed

Sincerely, 

Asiantii Woulard's Foot 

• Haha 1

If he does not get a real shot there are now two spring FB leagues starting up next year where can develop more as a QB. But I still think he can latch on a practice squad somewhere in the NFL and get at least one year to develop at another position besides QB. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/19/2018 at 12:37 AM, Triple B said:

Can possibly chalk up the missing Dynamic plays to not having a NFL rb sitting in the backfield with him for opposing teams to have to worry about ...

On 3/19/2018 at 9:00 AM, Orlando Bull said:

I also think there was a real focus of keeping Q healthy. He had a lot of those dynamic plays in 2016 early in games, or, even at times where we were pulling away from teams. Last year, we really only used him sparingly as a runner unless the game was on the line. When he did run, he was definitely cognizant of taking hits.

I agree with both of these HOWEVER, and I should have said this originally, even when he ran he seemed less effective.  It could be due to not having a future NFL RB in the backfield (the defense more focused on him) but was that always the case when he had Dynamic® plays in the past?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If he does not get a real shot there are now two spring FB leagues starting up next year where can develop more as a QB. But I still think he can latch on a practice squad somewhere in the NFL and get at least one year to develop at another position besides QB. 

Speaking of Spring Ball, there's a new professional Rugby league launching next month. I could see QF as a fly-half, and altrhough the money won't be great, it won't be zero either. As an added bonus, nobody would be able to complain about his passing accuracy...

https://www.usmlr.com/schedules/

18 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Speaking of Spring Ball, there's a new professional Rugby league launching next month. I could see QF as a fly-half, and altrhough the money won't be great, it won't be zero either. As an added bonus, nobody would be able to complain about his passing accuracy...

https://www.usmlr.com/schedules/

Now that would be friggin great to watch him play. Talk about juking people out of their cleats. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

41 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I keep telling you all, get your QF Winnipeg Blue Bomber jerseys now.

If he doesn't make it down here I think that would be awesome ... but would prefer a more eastern franchise so may be easier to catch a game.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If he doesn't make it down here I think that would be awesome ... but would prefer a more eastern franchise so may be easier to catch a game.

Winnipeg is central time but I do believe they play in the west division so it would be later games some of the time. They do have a handful of games at eastern conference teams.