• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think Q and Lamar should both get a shot at running an nfl offense even if it’s only preseason, but they probably won’t

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Crazy how people still doubt on him--even one comment there from a USF fan (whom I neg'd)--but he's right, he just finds ways to win and overcomes all the detractors to get there. Read his stats & records again, doubters, and I don't mean the height/weight stuff. He's a legit, determined competitor who never gives up. One day of decent but not stellar practice at the combine can't erase the game day magic this kid brings. Hope someone gives him a shot.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

I dont want him to go the BJ route thats all. Give QB a quick shot, if it doesnt work find a place where he can get rhe ball in his hands and play. 

In the end, play slot WR, no way LBs can keep up with his quickness.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I dont want him to go the BJ route thats all. Give QB a quick shot, if it doesnt work find a place where he can get rhe ball in his hands and play. 

In the end, play slot WR, no way LBs can keep up with his quickness.

I love me some QF, but his quickness is impressive when compared to other QBs. He may turn into a phenomenal slot receiver someday, but when you compare his 40, cone times, and shuttle drills to the last 5-7 years of LB times at the combine, the guys in the league right now he's going to be going against are plenty able to keep up with him. Even amongst WRs just this year, he's 7th in the cone drill, outside the top 15 in both shuttle drills, and third from last in the 40. Add to that his lack of height to pull balls down in traffic, and he's not really doing much to stand out. If you're an NFL team drafting this year and need a WR, you're going to have to decide to take a guy who is measurably way below the rest of the class in every category AND you have to teach him the position. Rodney Adams had him beat in every conceivable category you could measure at the combine, college numbers, and a his entire life playing the position and got cut. Slot guys are above and beyond in at least one of these areas, but sometimes more: a) a physical mismatch, b) fast and quick, or c) have insanely good hands (which QF might have, but who knows). Like I said, he may turn out to be awesome and I would love to see it, but it's an uphill battle.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Flowers combine numbers are not going to get him drafted. He showed mediocre speed in comparison to his WR and RB peers. And has no shot as a QB. That's been a pipedream. I'm honestly shocked his times weren't a lot better than they were. Sad for him. He has great game speed, but I worry nobody will take a flyer in him since his measurables were just okay.

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Q is awesome. Epidatsit 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Flowers combine numbers are not going to get him drafted. He showed mediocre speed in comparison to his WR and RB peers. And has no shot as a QB. That's been a pipedream. I'm honestly shocked his times weren't a lot better than they were. Sad for him. He has great game speed, but I worry nobody will take a flyer in him since his measurables were just okay.

I think his elusiveness is what made him seem so much faster in the college game. We knew he didn’t have Mack type speed, but I thought it would be a little better than the combine. I still look at Tyrod Taylor though and think maybe Q finds a fit with a team who would know how to use him, but I doubt it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Canadian Football League 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think rb is his best position in the nfl. Less learning curve compared to receiver..he is built solid so could take the abuse. 

Flowers is the type of player that drills dont show what he can do...when its live and real people trying to tackle is when he shines.

Really hope he atleast gets a shot.

• Upvote 1