• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Football arrives in two weeks; what's at stake

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Flowers was great at protecting the ball.

His passing at times was off but come crunch time he delivered.

Excited to see this years offense though...has alot of potential. 

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I would have to tend to agree .... but come on, we're coming off, I believe, the best offensive showing in history but the passing game will now skyrocket and the running game will be more explosive. The thought of averaging 600 yds in offense doesn't get you pumped??

?? How can you say this? There is NO evidence to support it. We have no idea who the QB will be and Cronkrite was beaten out by Scarlett and run off by limited playing time at UF - one of the worst offenses you'll ever see. He was explosive? Show me. I'm hopeful, too, but a "skyrocketing passing game, more explosive running game and 600-yard avg." without guys like Q, Rodney Adams, Marlon Mack, MVS, Tice, Johnson? Wow, that's some stretch! I do like the confidence and optimism, but there is no evidence at all . . . yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I would have to tend to agree .... but come on, we're coming off, I believe, the best offensive showing in history but the passing game will now skyrocket and the running game will be more explosive. The thought of averaging 600 yds in offense doesn't get you pumped??

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

?? How can you say this? There is NO evidence to support it. We have no idea who the QB will be and Cronkrite was beaten out by Scarlett and run off by limited playing time at UF - one of the worst offenses you'll ever see. He was explosive? Show me. I'm hopeful, too, but a "skyrocketing passing game, more explosive running game and 600-yard avg." without guys like Q, Rodney Adams, Marlon Mack, MVS, Tice, Johnson? Wow, that's some stretch! I do like the confidence and optimism, but there is no evidence at all . . . yet.

I really didn't think I needed to but apparently I do. I have edited my statement for those that weren't paying attention to the conversation leading up to my post ...

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think the running from the RB position has potential to be more explosive than it was last season as Cronkrite was supposed to be the best back on the team last season while he was sitting out.  The gap is supposed to be pretty big too.....  However, we are essentially losing a 3rd 1000yd rusher in Flowers so I think that may cancel out what we gain with Cronkrite as a whole.   I have a hard time believing the offense gets better overall when you lose a guy like Flowers who did so many explosive obvious things and a TON of little things that tend to go unnoticed  to make the offense as productive as it was.   Whoever takes over is going to be VERY green and I think there will be a painful learning curve just in not turning the ball over which will make us take a step back by itself (Q had around a 3-1 TD to INT ratio if I'm remembering correctly).   None of the guys competing have proven anything in a real game situation and in the spring game last season Flowers looked way more  efficient throwing the ball than either of them.  People need to slow down.......

Exactly .... If we can even get close last year's offensive numbers, with a harder schedule, that would be huge.

As far as Cronkrite is concerned, I'm hoping all this build up about him comes to fruition but as a Bulls football fan, I'm immensely gunshy about rb transfers from major programs. Hopefully he breaks that particular curse.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Triple B said:
6 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I really didn't think I needed to but apparently I do. I have edited my statement for those that weren't paying attention to the conversation leading up to my post ...

There ya go again, lettin' yer sarcasm getcha in trubble...

33 minutes ago, charsibb said:

There ya go again, lettin' yer sarcasm getcha in trubble...

One day maybe I'll learn .................... but probably not.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

To let it be known, Cronkrite wasn’t beaten out by Scarlett. He was the number 1 guy through all of camp until a concussion on their last scrimmage. He then had a falling out with the head coach before the first game once he was told of the rotation and was penalized from there. Cronkrite was never a favorite of that staff and it showed in the opportunities. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

If I had to guess, I think passing efficiency goes up next year as do turnovers and we lose some big plays. As long as we aren’t turning it over at an alarming rate, this should still be an AAC title contending roster 

Edited by IBulleve

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

The thought of averaging 600 yds in offense doesn't get you pumped??

I see no reason to not demand 900 yards of offense per game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, Brad said:

I see no reason to not demand 900 yards of offense per game.

We only demand excellence around here.