• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF new requirements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

40 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

When you have an On Campus Publix, you can raise your standards.

Yeah but without an OCS the requirement seems a little inflated.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What the hell is this nonsense? How does this impact Publix subs, OCS, conference realignment, and who is the next QB? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Genshaft has done a masterful job of raising academic standards during her tenure.  

This is all part of the grand plan.  We need to fit academically into one of the P5 conferences.  

This is great news.  As always the left will argue for equality and exceptions.  We should have tough standards where we accept the best and brightest. 

Go Bulls!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

25 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Genshaft has done a masterful job of raising academic standards during her tenure.  

This is all part of the grand plan.  We need to fit academically into one of the P5 conferences.  

This is great news.  As always the left will argue for equality and exceptions.  We should have tough standards where we accept the best and brightest. 

Go Bulls!

Well said 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

The Harvard of the south ? 

The Conversation Harvard of the South

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

For incoming students starting  fall 18 will seek an average weighted gpa of 4.2 and SAT to 1400. How will this affect the incoming student athlete? Will it hurt?  My take is that it will hurt the process again. Didn’t we do this experiment before and we got the Skip Holtz Error?

SAT of 1300* 

Dont think it will hurt the process as much. I think academic requirements were still higher than UF or FSU for athletes under Taggart and now Strong. 

Besides I think becoming more selective will help the university from the standpoint of having students that can be successful with the rigors of the rising academic standards. Also it helps the value of our degree and helps us shed that "lower tier" perception versus FSU or even UF. 

Its actually harder to get into USF than it is to get into FSU now. From a STEM standpoint, I think we may be surpassing the Noles pretty soon if we haven't already. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t remember it being that much easier in 2002 for incoming freshmen. I was an in state transfer from jr college so it was easy for me. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, SoFlo All Day said:

SAT of 1300* 

Dont think it will hurt the process as much. I think academic requirements were still higher than UF or FSU for athletes under Taggart and now Strong. 

Besides I think becoming more selective will help the university from the standpoint of having students that can be successful with the rigors of the rising academic standards. Also it helps the value of our degree and helps us shed that "lower tier" perception versus FSU or even UF. 

Its actually harder to get into USF than it is to get into FSU now. From a STEM standpoint, I think we may be surpassing the Noles pretty soon if we haven't already. 

We passed the noles years ago.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

On 2/11/2018 at 8:52 AM, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

And even with those rising student standards, she has also done a masterful job along with her administration at promoting minority access and getting black students to succeed. That matters long term because USF as a city school will always have a lot of those students-and those students succeeding improves our city as a whole. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

On 2/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, Bullrush33 said:

I don’t remember it being that much easier in 2002 for incoming freshmen. I was an in state transfer from jr college so it was easy for me. 

I had a 1100 and a 3.5 GPA as an out of state Freshman in 05 and got in no problem. No shot I get in under the new rules haha.