• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Here's the real signing day surprise

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

And even though Publix subs are the best - I'd be hard pressed (pun not intended) to ever declare any food in the sandwich category as "special."  I usually reserve that word for much higher-end, truly unique selections of fare.

Although, even though it's in a class by its own, do you guys have a Penn Station down there?  For Philly Cheesesteaks?  OMG.  That's about as close to a truly Philly from Philly that I've ever had.  

Some toast there subs, some press subs, some have unique items, some have unique toppings, some have unique ways they recommend their subs, some are uniquely quick, some have large amounts of unique hot sauces and some are Publix.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I used to really like the chicken tender sub when I was at USF. I never saw anything like that on the J-mikes or firehouse menu. outside of that, very average. 

Maybe I need to try that one.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

55 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some toast there subs, some press subs, some have unique items, some have unique toppings, some have unique ways they recommend their subs, some are uniquely quick, some have large amounts of unique hot sauces and some are Publix.

Are there any places where you can get Cream Havarti cheese on your chicken tender sub?

Oh, I know a place!  

It's called Publix.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you haven't found ways to make things unique at a Publix deli, it's only your own imagination stopping you.   

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think Jersey Mike's Swedish-made sub enlarger is a little better than Publix's.  

Publix's bread is just better.  Always get the multigrain and it is fantastic.  

People are entitled to their opinions, even when they're wrong. 

Hmmm... Does it look like this?

blonde-girl-eating-healthy-sandwich-B02D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

These guys had one good sub:  The Chicken Carbonara.  That shiz was amazing.

I haven't been back since they stopped selling those.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

19 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think Jersey Mike's Swedish-made sub enlarger is a little better than Publix's.  

Agreed it's the bread, the consistently fresh veggies (many sub places aren't consistent when it comes to freshness or ripeness), the cheese selection (most people don't know you can get any cheese in the deli),  good quality meats, and the ease/quickness.   Don't get me wrong I know some mom n pop's local places that are fantastic but I'm not waiting an hour for a sandwich/sub.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,194
  • Days Won:  42

53 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Hmmm... Does it look like this?

blonde-girl-eating-healthy-sandwich-B02D

Lol for a second I thought that was one of the ads on the Bullspen. Well played 

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

On 2/7/2018 at 1:17 PM, Apis Bull said:

Publix at USF's Tampa Campus Set to Begin Construction

LAKELAND, Fla. (Feb. 07, 2018) – Publix Super Markets has announced the commencement of construction for the Publix at USF located at Fletcher Avenue and USF Palm Drive, on the University of South Florida’s Tampa campus. The store will be approximately 28,000 square feet and offer students and faculty indoor and outdoor seating areas, bike racks and sidewalk connectivity to the adjacent residence halls in addition to the traditional offerings of a Publix. An opening date for the location has not been determined. 

“We’re excited to bring a Publix to the campus at USF where students can live, work, play and eat,” said Maria Brous, director of media and community relations. “Conveniently located next to USF residence halls, the short walk or bike ride will offer plenty of fresh grab-and-go options, including our world-famous Publix subs, deli teas, decadent desserts and sushi.”    

Additional details about the Publix at USF will be released closer to the opening of the location.

Publix is privately owned and operated by its more than 190,000 employees, with 2016 sales of $34 billion. Currently Publix has 1,167 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. The company has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 20 consecutive years. In addition, Publix’s dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized among the top in the grocery business. For more information, visit the company’s website, corporate.publix.com.

Publix at USF's Tampa Campus Set to Begin Construction

what took them so ;long?

did they outbid winn dixie?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

That and the fact you can get Boars Head meats.  WaWa is very good as well.  Subway puts like 3 slices of meat. May as well just hand you the roll.  And, they are hoagies, not subs.  

For cheesesteaks like in Phila, try Philly Phlava. They get their rolls (Amoroso   http://amorosobaking.com/) and meat from up north.