• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Finally sells $99 Season Tickets for football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

They called me today season tickets are confirmed for $99 two seats each came to 213 with fees in section 131 row C.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

They called me today season tickets are confirmed for $99 two seats each came to 213 with fees in section 131 row C.

Did you think I was lying and posted a fake picture of my invoice? :lmao:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2018.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'll give you USF. Moving here, I've found the Bucs have a bizarrely good fan base, seeing as how they're pretty sucky and have been relatively sucky for a long time. I think the Rays get pretty good loyalty considering they're in a different city, it's nearly impossible to go to a weeknight game (doubly so if you have kids), and, in the grand scheme of things, they're just aging into their first generation of people who grew up with a hometown team and don't have a team they were fans of before expansion. In regards to the Lightning, you my sir, are on crack.

So, I see your logic in most of what you said; but, when Yzerman has to come out and put a rule that no Red Wings/visitor jerseys are allowed during the playoffs 2 years ago (albeit on the camera side, it shows the lack of die hard support and a fear of being over run in your building), it shows that I'm not out of line in questioning the loyalty of Lightning fans. I'm sure the support is better, and it should be, because you guys have a phenomenal team, arena and system in place. Let's just not go crazy with the Lightning rabid fan base talk. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

34 minutes ago, michibull said:

So, I see your logic in most of what you said; but, when Yzerman has to come out and put a rule that no Red Wings/visitor jerseys are allowed during the playoffs 2 years ago (albeit on the camera side, it shows the lack of die hard support and a fear of being over run in your building), it shows that I'm not out of line in questioning the loyalty of Lightning fans. I'm sure the support is better, and it should be, because you guys have a phenomenal team, arena and system in place. Let's just not go crazy with the Lightning rabid fan base talk. 

That's the way it is when you have young teams in areas like Tampa Bay. With local transplants and tix being available on the Internet, it's just as easy for opposing fans to get single game tickets as it is for local fans. You're always going to have a greater percentage of them here than in most arenas. It's just the nature of the beast ..... and to be clear, Yzerman put the rule in for just the 2 club areas, not the whole arena. I think it's pretty acceptable to talk about a Lightning rabid fan base, especially in light of the fact that the team that doesn't even have a generation of fans under its belt yet. I do, though, sense a little of butt hurt from your SE Mich roots considering the main architect of the team right now and I really can't blame you.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's the way it is when you have young teams in areas like Tampa Bay. With local transplants and tix being available on the Internet, it's just as easy for opposing fans to get single game tickets as it is for local fans. You're always going to have a greater percentage of them here than in most arenas. It's just the nature of the beast ..... and to be clear, Yzerman put the rule in for just the 2 club areas, not the whole arena. I think it's pretty acceptable to talk about a Lightning rabid fan base, especially in light of the fact that the team that doesn't even have a generation of fans under its belt yet. I do, though, sense a little of butt hurt from your SE Mich roots considering the main architect of the team right now and I really can't blame you.

Touché!! But to be fair, from my time at USF, I grew to love the Lightning. I will always be a Red Wing fan first, but I still wear my Lightning gear around town and it's a good talking point. I love Tampa and always tell people up here how great the city is and that Detroit can't compare. I maybe different from most, but I supported the local teams and did not wear Detroit gear inside Tampa stadiums/arenas. I get the transplant point, I do and it's valid; but, I guess I'm just wired differently, because my love for teams is from the tradition of watching them with my dad. If I still lived down there, and was going to games with my kids, those traditions would trump my Michigan roots and those teams would become #1 because of watching with my kids. By the way, yes, I'm jealous, I wish Stevie Y would come back to Detroit, he's my all time favorite player, haha. 

Edited by michibull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Did you think I was lying and posted a fake picture of my invoice? :lmao:

No I just did not know if it was a limited deal or sold out of the deal.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

So, we have 6 home games instead of 7(started with at least) and prices didn't change? That's a bummer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

54 minutes ago, HOTbull said:

So, we have 6 home games instead of 7(started with at least) and prices didn't change? That's a bummer.

If you want a bargain, they do have the $99 tix this thread is all about. Coming off a 21-4 two year run not sure why an increase would be a problem ..... strike while the iron is hot. What I did have a little bit of a problem with was the politician-like assertion that there was no season ticket price increase this year.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you want a bargain, they do have the $99 tix this thread is all about. Coming off a 21-4 two year run not sure why an increase would be a problem ..... strike while the iron is hot. What I did have a little bit of a problem with was the politician-like assertion that there was no season ticket price increase this year.

Triple - funny you should mention it, I've been saying that since the start. 

Year with 7 game $100

Next year with 6 games, good news, we didn't raise the price, still $100. 

Following year with 7 games, good news we didn't raise the price, still $16.67 per game, or $116.67 for the season. 

Now, I get the need to raise prices, inflation. I always thought it was funny how it was presented. And, yes, I am guilty of spreading the company line back in the day. This isn't new. 

I have no problem with the prices, they are fair, but they did raise the prices, because we pay the same and now get 1 less game. 

• Upvote 1