• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 hours ago, charsibb said:

Mybe if they play in the Spring...

Trump ruined the USFL by trying to make it a Fall league

This has always been a myth. In fact the year before it closed only four teams were making money. They realized after the one year shutdown the league could not generate revenue with its current model of paying big time saleries for spring ball. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Money Manziel should be the Poster boy of this league and bring back the "He Hate Me" moniker. I know they want to get away from Gimmicks but I don't think allowing players to use nicknames gets in the way of anything football related and it would fit so well. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I'd rather watch this than the CFL......

Don’t think it will make $ up north. Not too many people will sit in a stadium freezing their asses off watching second rate FB. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

XFL would be very interesting if it opens the doors to kids wanting to make cash after high school without waiting until they're draft eligible. Think of some kid coming out and getting $100k a year for 3 years, then entering the NFL draft. Not a bad plan. That being said, it's still going to fail miserably and we're all going to be making fun of it a decade from now.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

XFL would be very interesting if it opens the doors to kids wanting to make cash after high school without waiting until they're draft eligible. Think of some kid coming out and getting $100k a year for 3 years, then entering the NFL draft. Not a bad plan. That being said, it's still going to fail miserably and we're all going to be making fun of it a decade from now.

The countryside of the USA is littered with failed football leagues.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The XFL will likely hit the largest TV markets without NFL teams as well as select overall top TV markets, as he’ll need a national TV contract and lack of competition for the local sports dollar to make it viable. For a 10-team league I think it likely shakes out like this (TV market ranking in parenthesis):

Eastern Division

• New York/New Jersey (#1)
  • Orlando (#18)
  • St. Louis (#21) 
  • Raleigh (#24)
  • Hartford (#30)

Western Division

• Oakland (#6)
  • Portland (#25)
  • San Diego (#28) 
  • San Antonio (#31)
  • Salt Lake City (#34)

Consideration will be given to Oklahoma City and Birmingham.  

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

It will be interesting to see the quality of player the league can attract based on the following assumptions:

• 20% of his $100M investment goes to start up costs
  • 80% of his $100M investment goes to Year 1 operating costs
  • 45% of the $80M operating budget goes to salaries = $36M salary pool
  • Spead amongst ten 40-man rosters equates to an average annual player salary of $90k a year or $7500 per game based on the proposed 12-game season (in 2017 NFL practice squad players made a minimum of $7200 per week)

The XFL will likely compete for marginal CFL talent where the average annual salary is $80k per year, but the likely outcome will be that the XFL winds up killing off the Arena League.

Still better than the CFL. Read this at ticle on James Wilder Jr. rookie of the year and bring home 35k. 

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts-james-wilder-jr-nfl-1.4502756

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, Capital H said:

Yes. 

Vince is just financing it not making up the rules. They are planning it for 2 years before they play, not 2 months. There is a very conservative base of people who have fled the NFL for many reasons and he is looking to capitilize on this market. 

I still think it should be an U25 league and he should go after top prospects from the NCAA.

It seems to me that people are less interested in football in general.  I have had trouble watching the NFL since the salary cap. I think now I struggle with watching it because I know these guys are destroying their bodies and minds.