• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love CFU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

It seems like Danny White is not apprehensive about putting his program out there.  I'm not sure I would have called them NC, but they certainly have earned the right to be heard going 13-0.  If it would have been USF going undefeated this board would have been lit up with commentary about we belong.

College football has long been a caste system and there are many that are tiring of it.  Me for one.  I have choices with my support and expect G5 leadership to fight like a dog backed into a corner.  

I'm also tired of the narrative that each time a G5 team beats a P5 team it's because of the lack of "motivation".  Tired and boring argument.  USF beat TT and UCF beat Auburn because both are better teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

40 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

USF beat TT and UCF beat Auburn because both are better teams.

No.  Not really.  Just like K-State isn't better than UCLA.  On that given day, with nothing on the line, perhaps.

Improving this situation will require  bold realism.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

No.  Not really.  Just like K-State isn't better than UCLA.  On that given day, with nothing on the line, perhaps.

Who wouldn’t rather be that random school in the middle of Alabama that I can’t remember the name of than LSU? I mean they are better whoever they are...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

USF may be better than Texas Tech, but then again TTU was 3-6 in the Big 12 and 6-6 overall, 8th best in the Big 12.  UCF isn't better than Auburn overall, but was in the Peach Bowl.

USF and UCF are probably 3-5 loss teams in any P5 conference this season.  It's one thing to get up for 1 game when you have the likes of Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, UConn, etc. on your conference schedule.  It's another thing to have to line up agains Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, etc. or Oklahoma, Ok State, Texas, TCU, etc. or FSU, UM, Clemson, UL, Va Tech etc.   

Now you put us in one of those conferences and income changes as well as recruiting and then that starts to change things.

Bottom line is UCF and any other team outside the P5 really shouldn't be in the CFP in any given year under the current 4 team format.  You change that to an 8 team format and I think that G5 conferences should earn a spot.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Yes.  Really. 

If you need everything on the line to show up you're a loser.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

It seems like Danny White is not apprehensive about putting his program out there.  I'm not sure I would have called them NC, but they certainly have earned the right to be heard going 13-0.  If it would have been USF going undefeated this board would have been lit up with commentary about we belong.

College football has long been a caste system and there are many that are tiring of it.  Me for one.  I have choices with my support and expect G5 leadership to fight like a dog backed into a corner.  

I'm also tired of the narrative that each time a G5 team beats a P5 team it's because of the lack of "motivation".  Tired and boring argument.  USF beat TT and UCF beat Auburn because both are better teams.

This!! Well said !!

7 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Yes.  Really. 

Exagerate much?  How ‘bout just a meaningful game.  Regular season type would be fine. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Yes.  Really. 

I agree that I no longer buy the argument that Auburn had nothing to play for. They were playing for SEC pride and they let all of the SEC down. UCF called the SEC out and backed up their talk. No one is going to tell me Auburn was no up for that game. UCF was the better team and it remains to be seen if they were better than both UGA & Bama. To say that UCF does not deserve a share of that national title is just being in denial. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Exagerate much?  How ‘bout just a meaningful game.  Regular season type would be fine. 

Hound me much?

12 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Hound me much?

Maybe just challenge your assertions now and then.