• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AND LOUISVILLE ANNOUNCE THREE-GAME FOOTBALL SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do agree with this. It just looks bad when ucf got a 1-1. 

It looks bad to 8 members on this board and everyone affiliated with UCF. In the big picture, that's not a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

With our deal I think the home game is in between two at UL and each game has a $1mm buyout plus UL would forfeit another $200k in pay for actually playing the game in Tampa. The last game at UL probably gets cancelled and we get $1mm for that cancelled game but probably get two games against them anyway. 

I agree, I think what we did was pretty much sign a 1-1 and then we will get the buy out on the third. I read in the daily stampede that it would only cost UL 200,000 to more buy that game out than to come and play it, if that's the case i expect them buy it out.

In the end, we get a 1-1 and a buy out bonus.   

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/1/19/16911862/contract-details-three-game-series-between-usf-louisville-football-mark-harlan-charlie-strong-p5

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/22/2018 at 7:02 AM, flsportsfan83 said:

They do not have multiple undefeated seasons, but they have passed us. There is no doubt they have a better program than we do and have passed by us. We have work to do to get to the level they have as a program.

If they had been more consistent over the past 3-5 years then I would agree, but they haven't.

The one thing that USF has going for it that UCF doesn't is the consistenxy factor - we have gone 29-9 in our last three seasons, UCF has gone 19-19. They had a great season and a few more trophies in the case (counting the two major bowl games and outright AAC championships and not counting CUSA or  AAC co- champions here) but they are not light years ahead of us. 

If they rattle off another couple of 11 win seasons and we fall off (which I don't see either happening) then we should be concerned. As of right now, I think we need to chill a bit. It will equal out eventually because at the end of the day, these two programs are equal. USF hasn't tasted the highs that UCF has, but also hasn't seen the lows. UCF doesn't have USF's consistency over the course for many seasons. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It looks bad to 8 members on this board and everyone affiliated with UCF. In the big picture, that's not a lot of people.

Looks bad nonetheless...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This.  Nationally, nobody gives a **** about what kind of series UCF and USF signed with a common opponent.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do agree with this. It just looks bad when ucf got a 1-1. But as someone said earlier to the victors go the spoils. To carry your point even further, I wish we were more road warriors and did one and done games. Let’s go to Mich. Let’s go to Ohio State. Why not anybody anytime? 

Me and you, fighting our two man war to have USF play anyone, anywhere, anytime.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

So Oklahoma and Iowa State are equals? Vandy is an equal to UF? We are equal to Tulane?

**** I would say we have a better program than some schools in the P5. 

Look at UCF's trophy case and compare it to ours. Than have Championships, we have PapaJohns Bowl Trophys.

Tulane has won an SEC championship so I guess, by your criteria, they passed us by. UCF is a better program right now and if that's how you want to justify your whining, go for it. To me, currently having a better program isn't passing us by, it's going to a higher level.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

34 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Me and you, fighting our two man war to have USF play anyone, anywhere, anytime.

I'll join you guys. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

80s Miami, Let's do this!!!!

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

This.  Nationally, nobody gives a **** about what kind of series UCF and USF signed with a common opponent.  

Hell on this side of the country a lot of people think we’re in Orlando and they’re in Tampa. At a soccer game last month it came up I went to USF(I even said University of South Florida) and this idiot asked if I thought we should be national champions.