• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Laksa Lands on Weekly Honor Roll

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

WEB LINK: http://bit.ly/2EJxSda

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Jan. 15, 2018

Follow @USFAthletics On Twitter

Like USF Athletics on Facebook

Laksa Lands on Weekly Honor Roll

USF sharp shooter, Kitija Laksa, Recognized by the American Athletic Conference 

TAMPA, JAN. 15, 2018 – USF’s leading scorer averaged over 20-points per game last week and led the Bulls to a 2-0 record. Junior Kitija Laksa turned in eight three-point field goals and landed on the American Athletic Conference weekly honor roll. 

Laksa (Riga, Latvia) averages 20.4 points per game this season and ranks third in the league in scoring. The guard averaged 22.5 points per game last week, and turned in 29 points at Temple and 16 points against UCF. Laksa led the Bulls in scoring in both games and netted four three-pointers in each contest.

This season, Laksa has tallied 70 three-point field goals and is second in the country in three-point field goals made and fourth in the country with 3.89 three-point field goals per game. The guard has only missed one free throw the entire season and is an astounding 48-for-49 from the charity stripe. Laksa leads the country with a 97.959 free throw percentage.

Laksa and the Bulls begin a two-game road swing Wednesday at Memphis. USF takes on the Tigers at 8 p.m. ET and fans can catch the game on ESPN3.

To stay up-to-date on the latest USF women’s basketball news, follow the Bulls on social media (Twitter | Facebook | Instagram).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

I finally watched this team play. Pretty good, but need a little more athleticism.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Kit was lights out at Temple.  On top of it after the game she was very gracious and met with our group. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Nice week

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I applaud her for trying to build her game. She's looking more comfortable off the dribble, and shows some good moves to the basket. Still kills it from 3, looks so smooth back there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I finally watched this team play. Pretty good, but need a little more athleticism.

That will always be a problem for us. We have the skillzz but the skilled athletic types go to UConn, ND, etc.  Despite what Ned thinks Jose does a nice job bringing in the best we can get.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

51 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Unlike the best coaches,  he fails to get the best out of the team he recruits

Anything to back this opinion up ... ?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Anything to back this opinion up ... ?

It's probably the same stuff that gets backed up when you don't get enough fiber.

NAS is persistent about this though. I guess that's oddly admirable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's probably the same stuff that gets backed up when you don't get enough fiber.

NAS is persistent about this though. I guess that's oddly admirable.

There's nothing admirable about trolling ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Unlike the best coaches,  he fails to get the best out of the team he recruits.  

How long did it take Geno to turn UCONN into a top-10 team?  

There aren't a lot of Nick Sabans out there in football.  You're pointing to the best, maybe ever, WBB coach.  There are/was Pat Summitt, Geno, Muffett and less than a handful of others that have had dominant teams.  And, if you were a ND fan, should you want to fire Muffett because she can't beat Geno?  To expect USF to land one of these coaches is probably not reasonable.  I can't think of a coach that we could get that would do better than Jose.

I disagree with your opinion about getting the best out of his players.  These aren't world class athletes.  They are skilled but struggle keeping really quick players in front of them on defense.  My history with WBB at USF isn't deep but don't remember many players with the athletic ability of Courtney Williams.  Conversely trying to blow by defenders one on one is difficult against the elite, quick teams.