• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB next year - who's your guy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'll take Oladokun only because he seems more elusive in the pocket.   Q covered up a lot of warts on offense because of how elusive he was and his ability to avoid negative plays and turnovers while being pressured.  We lose our two best OL to graduation so we we will need to have somebody with good escapability while the new unit gets broken in.  This offense needs to stay on schedule or have a play maker like Q to be successful, we'll see if we can find the guy to keep us on schedule.....

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly think we will see both Kean and Chris O at some point next year. 

To me, Kean has a similar skill set to Buchelle. Athletic for the position, accurate but not the strongest arm. 

Chris O has the potential to be a star. We just need to see him throw with accuracy on a consistent basis. 

I will say this, that's QB room has a ton of talent. One of those guys will be able to get the job done. Whether it's the guy who starts the opener or gets a shot later in the year. Someone in that room will give us above avg production at the position. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

By not really seeing either QB in real game action, it’s going to be the guy that can complete the throws that’s Q struggled with this season. This will keep the defense honest. From what I’ve been told O should win the battle just due to overall talent.

It will definitely be the guy that can hand off the HB dive flawlessly as well. Just realize that HB dive will look a lot different next season. Tice had more success than DJ but just imagine when there is a better RB seeing the hole with elite burst.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, 7overlord said:

By not really seeing either QB in real game action, it’s going to be the guy that can complete the throws that’s Q struggled with this season. This will keep the defense honest. From what I’ve been told O should win the battle just due to overall talent.

It will definitely be the guy that can hand off the HB dive flawlessly as well. Just realize that HB dive will look a lot different next season. Tice had more success than DJ but just imagine when there is a better RB seeing the hole with elite burst.

I'm hella excited to see Cronkrite.  If he can finish big runs it will really take the pressure off of whichever young QB takes over.   He was considered far and away the most talented back on the roster this season....

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,499
  • Days Won:  28

On 1/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, Roaming Bull said:

Mojo pork or chicken tender. Next question

The Ultimate

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I love Bretts competitveness and leadership, i believe Chris O has the physical tools...will be interesting, expect a heavy dose of Cronkrite, Sands, and Mack at least early

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The winner 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Tbh it’s impossible to know at this point.  All the more reason for this thread to go 20+ pages.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

It seems both guys realize what's at stake. I did get a kick out of Brett Kean's parents recently with a Twitter post that found my feed. Basically, their parents had a semi-circular driveway built just recently at their house. Brett's mother commented that the driveway was perfect for allowing Brett to work on his throwing mechanics while rolling out. When parents are invested in their children succeeding, it typically carries over into more than one facet of the child's life. Brett will land on his feet... whether on the football field or in a board room for a company. Here's hoping both of these guys push each other to the point where the pace of the game dictates who's at QB.

• Upvote 1