• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert Rumors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

DJ goes on record saying he was frustrated with the dives and inability to get the ball thrown to him out of the backfield, and that it limited the offense.

People will still apologize for Gilbert, though.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

29 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

DJ goes on record saying he was frustrated with the dives and inability to get the ball thrown to him out of the backfield, and that it limited the offense.

Please link to his comments.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

“It was kinda frustrating, you know,” Johnson said. “We had a new coaching staff come in and I had to buy in their running scheme and offensive scheme. It was kinda frustrating a little bit. I wish I could’ve gotten more catches out of the backfield but it is what it is... I think we could’ve taken another step forward [as an offense] if we were given the opportunity to get the ball out of the backfield.”

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/1/20/16913886/usf-football-rb-dernest-johnson-cb-deatrick-nichols-impress-at-93rd-annual-east-west-shrine-game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I'm sorry.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

“It was kinda frustrating, you know,” Johnson said. “We had a new coaching staff come in and I had to buy in their running scheme and offensive scheme. It was kinda frustrating a little bit. I wish I could’ve gotten more catches out of the backfield but it is what it is... I think we could’ve taken another step forward [as an offense] if we were given the opportunity to get the ball out of the backfield.”

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/1/20/16913886/usf-football-rb-dernest-johnson-cb-deatrick-nichols-impress-at-93rd-annual-east-west-shrine-game

Possibly could of been undefeated but it was not in the plan this past season. Once this coaching staff gets their players, USF will be fine. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wasn't DJ originally recruited to run a power system under xCWT's Stanford offense? Spent a couple years under it before the Gulf Coast Offense and then switched back for his senior year? So that would mean he was recruited to run the power and most of his career was spent running the power, but he needed to "buy into" it? 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

🎤

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Possibly could of been undefeated but it was not in the plan this past season. Once this coaching staff gets their players, USF will be fine. 

Undefeated wasn't a goal, remember?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

A player is "kinda, you know, frustrated they didn't get the ball more"?  Wow!  I've never heard this before.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some people will still continue to defend Gilbert even with the DJ comments.  They way he seems to be above reproach to some people here he must be related to Skip Holtz....Seems to be some of the same cross section of people defending him to the death too.  

• Downvote 1