• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's possibilities to crash the 2019 CFP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Playoff committee controls who is ranked.  Case closed it ain't happenning with that schedule.  Wisconsin and GT don't get much respect as is.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

As long as a committee controls the playoff we will have a 0% chance of getting in.  Bowlsby's comments about how UCF couldn't "win week in and week out in a P5 conference" tells you all you need to know.   Even if the number of of wins against top 25 teams etc are all equal they will fall back on that and the G5 teams ceiling will forever be the access bowl.  

This! No matter how many top out of conference teams any G5 schedules they will always say the conference top to bottom is weak. This was deal that never should have happend without the examination of a possible legal fight. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

As long as a committee controls the playoff we will have a 0% chance of getting in.  Bowlsby's comments about how UCF couldn't "win week in and week out in a P5 conference" tells you all you need to know.   Even if the number of of wins against top 25 teams etc are all equal they will fall back on that and the G5 teams ceiling will forever be the access bowl.  

Yea his comment judt confirmed that they are not having any G6 teams crash the playoffs

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

The question for the USF program should be how to crash the Big 12 (or be one of the top 56-64 teams when the split happens)?

Any other target is mute and you might as well be asking how can USF win the Super Bowl.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im not worried about other schools when it comes to recruiting. Even as a Gator fan, I dont worry about FSU or UM. There are plenty of recruits to go around. Seems like UCF turned u into a scary fan lol

I agree. Taggart was able to recruit the 2014 class after a 2-10 USF season and a UCF victory in the Fiesta bowl. They had a good season this year, but I wouldn't be scared of that program, their delusions of grandeur will bring them back to reality...that and losing key pieces on a defense that was already pretty bad. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what "final rankings" you're talking about but if it's the only ranking that matters, here's the correct breakdown:

Clemson beat 4 not 2 (Auburn, UM, VT, NCSU)

Oklahoma beat 4

Georgia beat 3

Alabama beat 2

UCF beat 2 (Memphis twice) USF wasn't ranked

The only thing that matters about that ranking is if you're listed 1-4.  Anything after that is as relevant as the AP or Coaches poll.   

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I got the pic from another post. i think it was espn. But hell, you helped out my point even more lol

Came from a tweet by the Paul Finebaum who covers SEC.   I am the one who posted that picture originally, sorry I didn't include the source. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Capital H said:

The question for the USF program should be how to crash the Big 12 (or be one of the top 56-64 teams when the split happens)?

Any other target is mute and you might as well be asking how can USF win the Super Bowl.

The Big 12 will hit us up whe they get desperate. I refuse to beg and kiss their ass like Cinci did. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

The Big 12 will hit us up whe they get desperate. I refuse to beg and kiss their ass like Cinci did. 

You can refuse all you want. 

If the method they are looking for requires knee pads I hope the powers that be check their egos at the door. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

There will be no begging and kissing. When you walk in the door, the Big 12 will give you a large sack for each hand. They will continue to drop gold coins in each until you can no longer handle the weight. All whom enter eventually bend the knee.