• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's possibilities to crash the 2019 CFP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Love the optimism and I hope USF does run the table in 2019 and beat everyone 70-0 but No.  Under the current format where the 4 playoff teams are decided by a subjective committte in a smoky back room, no G5 team will ever get a shot.  It's all about $$$.  They have it and we don't.

The only way I see for USF to get a shot at the CFP would be if they ever expanded to 8 teams and gave the G5 an automatic bid and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  The other way would be for USF to get a seat at the big boy table in P5 conference, however, it may be easier to get an invite to Augusta National, but we should keep trying.

USF should be building a program with a goal of P5 membership, i.e. Football only facility and IPF (in the works) and yes an OCS in the hopes of a reshuffling of the deck when the next round of TV contracts come do.  If USF can't commit to these lofty goals then maybe they should rethink their long term goals with the football program.

if we can end next year ranked in the top 15 and carry it  over to 2019 then we can get close. My post is based off of the Football Gods giving us the best season ever and a lot of teams losing lol

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m trying to understand how people on this board don’t care if other AAC teams have success. Yes, crashing the playoffs if **** near impossible in a G6, but you know what? It doesn’t mean we can’t fight to get in. And to those who are crying about not being in a p5, there is nothing we can do about it so let’s work with what we have. As long as we keep a good product on the field, everything will take care of itself. Truth be told, we need to root for Memphis, Navy, Houston and yes UCF. Had we been ranked UCF would have had 2 top 25 wins. I’m not saying that it would have made a difference, but at least they would have had a better argument.  In 2019 we have Wisconsin and GT on our schedule. I’m not saying it will happen, but Wisconsin is guaranteed to be ranked, GT has a chance (they been ranked 9 times in the past 15 years) and then we have Houston, Navy, Memphis and UCF. If you see the graphic I posted, Alabama had 4 top 25 wins and a strength of schedule of #38. In 2019, we can possibly play 5 top 25 teams that year. And if the other teams we play at least have a winning record and are bowl eligible that year, then we might have a SOS in the top 50 with 4-5 ranked teams on our schedule. In conclusion, 2019 will be Brett Kean or Oladukan’s 2nd year as a starter so stability at QB shouldn’t be an issue. I’m not saying we are going to the playoffs, I’m just pointing out that anything is possible. UCF’s season helped the movement. Hopefully we become the first G6 team to make the playoffs. I have concluded my green and gold goggles post. 

SnipImage.JPG

Let me help you. If UCF has continued success, getting the good local recruiting scraps left over from the big 3 gets harder, which means putting a good product on the field gets harder so things won’t take care of themselves. 

Sorry, but all of the American Conference teams can say all they want, but each one would leave this Conference in a second and then (believe it or not) work with the existing P5 conferences to continue to keep the remaining conferences out of the party and protect their new-found riches. 

The only reason I would hope UCF has success is if I truly believe we only get upgraded as a package deal with them. Problem is, I’m not convinced of that. 

Edited by Boomer
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what "final rankings" you're talking about but if it's the only ranking that matters, here's the correct breakdown:

Clemson beat 4 not 2 (Auburn, UM, VT, NCSU)

Oklahoma beat 4

Georgia beat 3

Alabama beat 2

UCF beat 2 (Memphis twice) USF wasn't ranked

its safe to still say we need to beat at least 3-4 ranked teams period. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Who cares - we can just claim a natty and call it a great season. 

Can we retroactively give our 2007 team a half-year national championship ring? They were ranked #2 for a while and had a stronger strength of schedule than #1 Ohio State at the time so they deserve it. Oh and they were undefeated too for a little while there too!! Hooray! 

😑😑😑😑

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

To get in we would need to beat 2 high ranked teams out of conference, then beat probably 3 ranked teams in conference. Basically have a situation like this year with Memphis and UCF and beat them both and then beat Memphis again in the CCG. Lots of dominoes would have to fall into place to get a shot. Even then they will still come up with excuses to keep us out.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Who cares - we can just claim a natty and call it a great season. 

Can we retroactively give our 2007 team a half-year national championship ring? They were ranked #2 for a while and had a stronger strength of schedule than #1 Ohio State at the time so they deserve it. Oh and they were undefeated too for a little while there too!! Hooray! 

😑😑😑😑

Ucf is working on a quarter model for championships. For every unbeaten quarter of a season they will award themselves a new banner

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Let me help you. If UCF has continued success, getting the good local recruiting scraps left over from the big 3 gets harder, which means putting a good product on the field gets harder so things won’t take care of themselves. 

Sorry, but all of the American Conference teams can say all they want, but each one would leave this Conference in a second and then (believe it or not) work with the existing P5 conferences to continue to keep the remaining conferences out of the party and protect their new-found riches. 

The only reason I would hope UCF has success is if I truly believe we only get upgraded as a package deal with them. Problem is, I’m not convinced of that. 

Im not worried about other schools when it comes to recruiting. Even as a Gator fan, I dont worry about FSU or UM. There are plenty of recruits to go around. Seems like UCF turned u into a scary fan lol

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

As long as a committee controls the playoff we will have a 0% chance of getting in.  Bowlsby's comments about how UCF couldn't "win week in and week out in a P5 conference" tells you all you need to know.   Even if the number of of wins against top 25 teams etc are all equal they will fall back on that and the G5 teams ceiling will forever be the access bowl.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Easy... 0.001%

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

No non P5 team will ever make the CFP.  The system is not set up that way.  

• Like 1