• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's possibilities to crash the 2019 CFP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

I’m trying to understand how people on this board don’t care if other AAC teams have success. Yes, crashing the playoffs if **** near impossible in a G6, but you know what? It doesn’t mean we can’t fight to get in. And to those who are crying about not being in a p5, there is nothing we can do about it so let’s work with what we have. As long as we keep a good product on the field, everything will take care of itself. Truth be told, we need to root for Memphis, Navy, Houston and yes UCF. Had we been ranked UCF would have had 2 top 25 wins. I’m not saying that it would have made a difference, but at least they would have had a better argument.  In 2019 we have Wisconsin and GT on our schedule. I’m not saying it will happen, but Wisconsin is guaranteed to be ranked, GT has a chance (they been ranked 9 times in the past 15 years) and then we have Houston, Navy, Memphis and UCF. If you see the graphic I posted, Alabama had 4 top 25 wins and a strength of schedule of #38. In 2019, we can possibly play 5 top 25 teams that year. And if the other teams we play at least have a winning record and are bowl eligible that year, then we might have a SOS in the top 50 with 4-5 ranked teams on our schedule. In conclusion, 2019 will be Brett Kean or Oladukan’s 2nd year as a starter so stability at QB shouldn’t be an issue. I’m not saying we are going to the playoffs, I’m just pointing out that anything is possible. UCF’s season helped the movement. Hopefully we become the first G6 team to make the playoffs. I have concluded my green and gold goggles post. 

SnipImage.JPG

1 minute ago, DontPushMe said:

The bigger issue isn't our schedule or out conference, it's that we blow every good opportunity we have to make noise while ucf seizes every opportunity. We had the senior qb, we should have been the ones in the peach bowl.

We will continue doing what we do. 

Peyton Manning is a hall of fame QB. He didnt win Tennesse a national title, Tee Martin did right after Manning left. The past is the past my friend, lets move on and have faith in our team's future

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Not sure where that screen shot came from but couldn't be more deceptive. unless of course you think a 7-6 FSU is the 20th best team in the country or an 8-5 Louisville is 22nd best team. FPI is garbage and is ESPN's power index. Couldn't be a conflict of interest there? It had 7-6 Texas at 25 while 10-2 USF is 44th.

If you look at final rankings then Clemson beat 2 final ranked teams. Oklahoma beat 4. Georgia beat 3 Alabama beat 2 (one of those was mighty 9-4 LSU who lost at home to Troy) and UCF beat 3 (memphis twice and us)

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Not sure where that screen shot came from but couldn't be more deceptive. unless of course you think a 7-6 FSU is the 20th best team in the country or an 8-5 Louisville is 22nd best team. FPI is garbage and is ESPN's power index. Couldn't be a conflict of interest there? It had 7-6 Texas at 25 while 10-2 USF is 44th.

If you look at final rankings then Clemson beat 2 final ranked teams. Oklahoma beat 4. Georgia beat 3 Alabama beat 2 (one of those was mighty 9-4 LSU who lost at home to Troy) and UCF beat 3 (memphis twice and us)

I got the pic from another post. i think it was espn. But hell, you helped out my point even more lol

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I got the pic from another post. i think it was espn. But hell, you helped out my point even more lol

problem is I don't have faith in this coaching staff. they are too conservative in nature which leads to games being close where a long 4th down play or kickoff return for TD in final minute can determine the outcome of a game.

look at Strong's record at texas and louisville. most games were very close. even games against far less talented teams. he wants to sit on a 3 point lead. doesn't like to open up offense unless down by multiple scores.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Love the optimism and I hope USF does run the table in 2019 and beat everyone 70-0 but No.  Under the current format where the 4 playoff teams are decided by a subjective committte in a smoky back room, no G5 team will ever get a shot.  It's all about $$$.  They have it and we don't.

The only way I see for USF to get a shot at the CFP would be if they ever expanded to 8 teams and gave the G5 an automatic bid and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  The other way would be for USF to get a seat at the big boy table in P5 conference, however, it may be easier to get an invite to Augusta National, but we should keep trying.

USF should be building a program with a goal of P5 membership, i.e. Football only facility and IPF (in the works) and yes an OCS in the hopes of a reshuffling of the deck when the next round of TV contracts come do.  If USF can't commit to these lofty goals then maybe they should rethink their long term goals with the football program.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

problem is I don't have faith in this coaching staff. they are too conservative in nature which leads to games being close where a long 4th down play or kickoff return for TD in final minute can determine the outcome of a game.

look at Strong's record at texas and louisville. most games were very close. even games against far less talented teams. he wants to sit on a 3 point lead. doesn't like to open up offense unless down by multiple scores.

In 2014, Strong's best talent at UL, they had 4 games within 1 score, going 3-1 in those games.

Other scores... 49-7, 44-7, 72-0, 27-13, 30-7, 24-10, 34-3, 31-10, 36-9

Combined records of the teams they played 1-score games with... 32-19.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just win and stay winning regardless of the opponent. I hope he learns that throttling opponents is ok, because we need to make some noise to crash that party

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Not sure what "final rankings" you're talking about but if it's the only ranking that matters, here's the correct breakdown:

Clemson beat 4 not 2 (Auburn, UM, VT, NCSU)

Oklahoma beat 4

Georgia beat 3

Alabama beat 2

UCF beat 2 (Memphis twice) USF wasn't ranked

• Downvote 1