• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The more success other teams from the AAC have, the higher our strength of schedule goes. Logically you want all other AAC teams to win. Look, I get it you rather be in a P5, but we are not and for that time being we have to work with the conference we are a part of...and that is the AAC,....if you needed an explanation as to why certain people ride hard for the conference. 

Scheduling an out of conference team with a pulse is a nice way to improve your SOS too.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Scheduling an out of conference team with a pulse is a nice way to improve your SOS too.

We’ve had a couple teams buyout games or push them back...but I agree we have to try and schedule the best competition we can. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

i agree. It takes a combination of both

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

23 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We’ve had a couple teams buyout games or push them back...but I agree we have to try and schedule the best competition we can. 

And whether we didn’t try or tried and failed to replace those games with decent ones, the result was still hot garbage this season. Next is better only because of how bad this season was.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And whether we didn’t try or tried and failed to replace those games with decent ones, the result was still hot garbage this season. Next is better only because of how bad this season was.

Not disagreeing with you...this year was a mess. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The more success other teams from the AAC have, the higher our strength of schedule goes. Logically you want all other AAC teams to win. Look, I get it you rather be in a P5, but we are not and for that time being we have to work with the conference we are a part of...and that is the AAC,....if you needed an explanation as to why certain people ride hard for the conference. 

You need to stop looking at life through orange and blue glasses and forget about strength of schedule.  

Did Rutgers get into the Big 10 with a great strength of schedule? How about Louisville?  

Yes, I understand we are stuck in the AAC, but what I also realize is that the perception will be what it is when the things I mentioned happen. SOS is only important pertaining to what our AD can line up for US. AAC teams will never amount to much for our SOS outside of a couple of teams.  

We aren’t the Gators.  We are USF. Big difference.

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You need to stop looking at life through orange and blue glasses and forget about strength of schedule.  

Did Rutgers get into the Big 10 with a great strength of schedule? How about Louisville?  

Yes, I understand we are stuck in the AAC, but what I also realize is that the perception will be what it is when the things I mentioned happen. SOS is only important pertaining to what our AD can line up for US. AAC teams will never amount to much for our SOS outside of a couple of teams.  

We aren’t the Gators.  We are USF. Big difference.

Exactly my point. 1st Rutgers is an much older team, has more history and covered a market they wanted. Im nor saying our strength of schedule will skyrocket, but every win an AAC team gets helps. if we are goung to be a g6 conference then lets make sure we are the best one. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

The only exception would be if a win by them gives us the division. There should be no other exceptions. Ever. It's a ******* Rivalry!

And even that is iffy. We should have handled our own business. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In Bowl season your point is not applicable. The main goal is for teams in front of us, regardless of conference, to lose so we can be ranked higher. So yes I hope Memphis  loses. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Exactly my point. 1st Rutgers is an much older team, has more history and covered a market they wanted. Im nor saying our strength of schedule will skyrocket, but every win an AAC team gets helps. if we are goung to be a g6 conference then lets make sure we are the best one. 

Lol.  That wasn’t your point.  

• Haha 1