• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

How were the interactions with the Tex Tech fans at the bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Hate to say it, but USF could have easily won that game by about two touch downs if things went better for the Green & Gold gang

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

I guess the TTU fan didn't see Hoggins get crack-blocked  downfield on a passing TD that should have been offensive PI, or the fact that Shimonek got away with the same "outside the pocket" intentional grounding on TTU's FG drive.  And Alaka was totally speared.  Despite that, the refs really weren't that bad and gave plenty of leeway to both teams (especially allowing the DBs to play physical).

Edited by G25C

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

can we really blame their fans for having no respect for USF? ESPN and all the other media outlets do nothing but belittle every conference that is not part of the P5 non-stop. They act like whenever we beat a team from those conferences that we have done something amazing. They push aside the various teams that USED TO BE part of the BCS and were conference mates with some of these teams.

The entire situation is set up to act like USF and all the AAC schools are just small time, no where schools to go to-- along the lines of the BS "commuter school" crap ESPN still occasionally pulls out of their arse.

Fans from TT hear that anytime our conference is mentioned and when you hear it enough, you start to believe what is being said.

I would bet they have no idea we have more students than they do.

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 hours ago, MikeG said:

can we really blame their fans for having no respect for USF? ESPN and all the other media outlets do nothing but belittle every conference that is not part of the P5 non-stop. They act like whenever we beat a team from those conferences that we have done something amazing. They push aside the various teams that USED TO BE part of the BCS and were conference mates with some of these teams.

The entire situation is set up to act like USF and all the AAC schools are just small time, no where schools to go to-- along the lines of the BS "commuter school" crap ESPN still occasionally pulls out of their arse.

Fans from TT hear that anytime our conference is mentioned and when you hear it enough, you start to believe what is being said.

I would bet they have no idea we have more students than they do.

That's a part of it but it's mainly just Texan arrogance when it comes to anything football.  They think they are God's gift to football because of big high school stadiums under dem Friday night lights or something like that.   Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the arrogance....

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795

I sat on the Texas Tech side because we had friends that were Texas Tech Alumni so we harassed each other the whole game. There were some whiny Texas Tech grads behind me though.  Funny line of the day from them:  Talking about their punter. "That guy gets a free ride and I had to pay for my tuition."

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

There were a couple Texas Tech fans at that little bar across the street, the Tide and the Tiger. They congratulated us on the win and stayed to celebrate with about 20-ish of us USF fans. They bought us shots and fun was had by all.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

My interactions were brief but pleasant enough. Ran into a TT fan in Atlanta the night of the game. He said it was a tough loss but great experience. Sat next to a OU fan and a few SEC guys during the game too. They were all rooting us on and had had nothing but nice things to say. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

So some were ignorant and some were cool?  Sounds a lot like most fan bases.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

They were generally dismissive of USF, the AAC, and highly arrogant. I was humored by their frequent cheerleading for their B12 conference. They were fairly uneducated about football outside of their conference as well. Generalizations, but deserved.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

On 12/27/2017 at 9:37 AM, Bull Dozer said:

That's a part of it but it's mainly just Texan arrogance when it comes to anything football.  They think they are God's gift to football because of big high school stadiums under dem Friday night lights or something like that.   Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the arrogance....

You'd have to live in Texas (other than Austin and Houston) to realize how good we have it here. Feel very fortunate my daughter(s) will both be considered Texans from birth. People are genuine... guns are welcome... the BBQ is incredible... and yes, football is pretty good on Friday nights. Many other reasons as well... however this is for starters. Don't get me wrong - I miss the beaches of Tampa, however the Gulf of Mexico extends our way as well. The only reason I would want to move back to Florida at this point in my life would be for USF football.

My daughter always says: "Don't mess with Texas". She gets it... live here for a couple of years, move to another state and then you'll see why you would want to move back.

FWIW, my interaction with a former Texas Tech player a couple weeks before the game was pretty good (he called me out while I was wearing my USF hat and sweatshirt while eating McDonalds in Sutherland Springs with my daughter). He acknowledged that we had a good team and the game would go down to the final possession (kinda my thoughts as well). Post game reaction with Texas Tech fans has been pleasant as well.  

• Upvote 1