• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

How were the interactions with the Tex Tech fans at the bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

I made last year's game in B-Ham but could not make this years.  I instead purchase 4 tix and 2 nights of hotel for students.  They said they had a great trip. 

I wanted to get the opinion of others on how the interactions were with Tex Tech folks at bars and restaurants.  I get the idea from their message board that they had no idea about us, nor did they respect USF.  Was that different in person there?  Did they mention anything about B12 expansion and including the Florida schools?  Or did they just stay to themselves?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In my experience, they mostly kept to themselves, but were friendly enough.  Had a funny exchange with a TT fan at halftime that I posted on another thread, but overall, I hung out with Bulls fans more than anything.  

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

One started ******** at me at the airport about the refs, and then asked me, "Am I right?".  I just laughed it off and said that the refs were terrible all around. They believe the non call for intentional grounding cost them the game.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Funny....my friend was a prof at Western Mich and we had MAC refs.  I told them they totally sucked.  There was so much non-calls on holding on their O-line it was crazy.  Also about 3 personal foul calls against USF.  Then the no-call for spearing Alaka on their DB late in the game almost cost us.  So I thought the refs sucked for USF.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Funny, no mention of the clear targeting call prior to their grounding "no call."

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

Um refs sucked for sure but my interactions were brief and they were confident they would beat little ol USF.

59 minutes ago, bullman3 said:

One started ******** at me at the airport about the refs, and then asked me, "Am I right?".  I just laughed it off and said that the refs were terrible all around. They believe the non call for intentional grounding cost them the game.

I guess the receiver that was in the area blended into the turf for them?  I remember that call ... as much as they don't want to admit it, we had a receiver in the area.  

I'll take that back, I just re-watched the play on python's game video thread, and yeah, it's close.  We may have gotten away with the IG on that play.  Very borderline call, and DJ wasn't as much in the area as I originally thought.

However, the helmet-to-helmet hit on Alaka on the preceding play was completely missed and absolutely should have been a targeting call - definitely led with the crown of his helmet hitting Alaka in the side of his.  

We'll call it even.  

39 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Funny, no mention of the clear targeting call prior to their grounding "no call."

Nailed it.  

Didn't suit the guy's narrative.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'll take that back, I just re-watched the play on python's game video thread, and yeah, it's close.  We may have gotten away with the IG on that play.  Very borderline call, and DJ wasn't as much in the area as I originally thought.

However, the helmet-to-helmet hit on Alaka on the preceding play was completely missed and absolutely should have been a targeting call - definitely led with the crown of his helmet hitting Alaka in the side of his.  

We'll call it even.  

Exactly.

Since that targeting was overlooked by the refs originally, they may have then used the following play as a make up call, after realizing their prior mistake.