• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You have got to be kidding! Recruiting disaster.

I've heard that they shackled him due to academic issues preventing him to take iffy kids academically.

I don't know how true that is but I'm just trying to explain to myself why the dude was successful everywhere but here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, MMW said:

I've heard that they shackled him due to academic issues preventing him to take iffy kids academically.

I don't know how true that is but I'm just trying to explain to myself why the dude was successful everywhere but here.

He left the coffers bare at ECU when he left as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

I would take Kevin Sumlin and he would need to keep Shaun King or get Larry Scott.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

46 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I would take Kevin Sumlin and he would need to keep Shaun King or get Larry Scott.

No Larry Scott he **** the bed at Tenn 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I just mean for recruiting purposes. Make him running backs coach

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree, I dont want him at all as HC or OC.  Maybe as a TE coach.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Hearing out here that Arizona State's HC is fired.  Todd Graham (you may remember him from Pitt).  Rich Rod (at Arizona) may be next.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, MMW said:

He got off to a decent start here, then slowly went downhill after that Notre Dame game. A lot of close loses with Skip. Always uses to hear that our 5-7 team was 5 plays away from being 10-2. He has three down-to-the- wire losses at La tech this year. 4 losses in 2015, 5 in 2016, 6 this year. This is the same guy that, on more than one occasion, would sit on two timeouts and let the last 30 seconds of the half run off before kicking a short FG. Hard to believe that Arkansas can't do better the Holtz.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, MMW said:

49 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

He got off to a decent start here, then slowly went downhill after that Notre Dame game. A lot of close loses with Skip. Always uses to hear that our 5-7 team was 5 plays away from being 10-2. He has three down-to-the- wire losses at La tech this year. 4 losses in 2015, 5 in 2016, 6 this year. This is the same guy that, on more than one occasion, would sit on two timeouts and let the last 30 seconds of the half run off before kicking a short FG. Hard to believe that Arkansas can't do better the Holtz.

I think it was a combination of many things. Partially being shackled to get the academics up but also he got complacent in his stop here. Didn't work hard enough to recruit, was a very poor game manager and probably hit his Peter Principle ceiling. After the horrible slide here he worked harder at a lower level at LA Tech and found his success again. Looking at the increased loss trend at LA Tech his game management may be biting him again as the talent left for him graduates. Like Strong, he also has no killer instinct.

Oddly Taggart and Strong kept the academics and achieved winning records. We may see how Strong progresses but with all the openings I'd rather he leave tomorrow than after the bowl game if he is leaving. Too many openings for me to think he stays here.