• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guarantee a USF victory over rusted ucf!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, StPeteBull91 said:

ucf is no giant

Well, they kind of are, actually...at least this year. They definitely are by G5/AAC standards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

UCF's defensive rankings here might be affected by garbage time yards given up. They've had two close games...at SMU and at Navy. Nobody else has come within 3 touchdowns. They've also had a tougher schedule. We can't afford another off night by QF, or our defense giving up big plays, or our special teams allowing kicks/punts to be blocked. Everything will have to click to win this. Nothing wrong with thinking positive, but this almost feels like a DJ thread. Almost seems like some of you haven't been watching....

Um.....we gave up a lot of garbage time touch downs as well, a lot of block kicks, the offense turned the ball over for like 2-4 scores (We gave up like 1-2 interceptions for touchdowns) so technically our defensive stats should be even more awesome if you want to take that route. In the end, defensively we ranked 20 spots ahead of them.....that would mean UCF gives up whole lot of garbage time yards my friend. I get it, you want to be objective, but dont look for reasons why we should lose, more than win. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Friday 11/24   60% Chance of rain/ 0.14 in. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 76F. SE winds shifting to SW at 10 to 15 mph.

2:00 pm    75 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    53%  10 mph SSW
3:00 pm    75 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    40%   9 mph SW
4:00 pm    74 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm   18%    9 mph WSW 
5:00 pm    73 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    21%   8 mph SW    
6:00 pm    71 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    18%   6 mph WSW 
7:00 pm    69 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    14%   6 mph ENE  
8:00 pm    68 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    13%   5 mph ENE  
9:00 pm    68 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm     13%   5 mph SSE  
10:00 pm  67 °F  Chance of a Thunderstorm     15%   5 mph SSW 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, BDYZR said:

Friday 11/24   60% Chance of rain/ 0.14 in. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 76F. SE winds shifting to SW at 10 to 15 mph.

2:00 pm    75 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    53%  10 mph SSW
3:00 pm    75 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    40%   9 mph SW
4:00 pm    74 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm   18%    9 mph WSW 
5:00 pm    73 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    21%   8 mph SW    
6:00 pm    71 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    18%   6 mph WSW 
7:00 pm    69 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    14%   6 mph ENE  
8:00 pm    68 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm    13%   5 mph ENE  
9:00 pm    68 °F    Chance of a Thunderstorm     13%   5 mph SSE  
10:00 pm  67 °F  Chance of a Thunderstorm     15%   5 mph SSW 

Looks like rain can be on/off. If it becomes a “run first” offense by c, I like USF’s run defense to keep them in check. Killins can bring it to the house at any moment similar to Mack used to for the Bulls though. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

6 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

Looks like rain can be on/off. If it becomes a “run first” offense by c, I like USF’s run defense to keep them in check. Killins can bring it to the house at any moment similar to Mack used to for the Bulls though. 

Yeah, Killins/Milton will create problems (but nowhere near QF/MM did last year). I'm hoping Q is unleashed to run all over them

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

This game needs to get here.  My nerves are already on fire.  

My main beef with the "CCS and company will play call differently this game" talk is that Tulsa last week WAS an elimination game for all intents and purposes.   We lose that and this week means nothing in the big scheme.  They sucked in that game.  So I have no faith that they will magically pull it all together Friday.  That is why I hope every play breaks down and Q goes full joystick mode for 300 yards rushing.  Last week was the most important game of the year, now it is this week.  If we win, Memphis will become the most important game of the year.   

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um.....we gave up a lot of garbage time touch downs as well, a lot of block kicks, the offense turned the ball over for like 2-4 scores (We gave up like 1-2 interceptions for touchdowns) so technically our defensive stats should be even more awesome if you want to take that route. In the end, defensively we ranked 20 spots ahead of them.....that would mean UCF gives up whole lot of garbage time yards my friend. I get it, you want to be objective, but dont look for reasons why we should lose, more than win. 

We have one halfway decent team on our schedule, and we have one loss. And some close calls against Tulane, Tulsa, and even Stony Brook made us sweat out that win. UCF has played, and beaten better teams. They have simply been better. I would love to see us get the win, but it looks unlikely. Far lesser teams have given us trouble. Hopefully all three phases play mistake-free, and we squeak this one out. This looks like a huge step up from what we been playing.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We have one halfway decent team on our schedule, and we have one loss. And some close calls against Tulane, Tulsa, and even Stony Brook made us sweat out that win. UCF has played, and beaten better teams. They have simply been better. I would love to see us get the win, but it looks unlikely. Far lesser teams have given us trouble. Hopefully all three phases play mistake-free, and we squeak this one out. This looks like a huge step up from what we been playing.

That halfway decent team also lost to a team that we beat on the road. Three of our opponents are a win away from bowl eligibility. The one team we lost to beat one of UCF's common opponents by 13 (that would be SMU who they beat by 7). I know we don't use the transitive property much, but come on. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Thanks to Sports-Reference.com I was able to easily see the breakdown of what our Offensive stats have been on a game to game basis.

Our highest rushing game so far this season was against ECU (390). I don't see us rushing for another 110 yds against a UCF team that is going to want to force us to beat them with Q's arm.

blob.png.26112a2ee21c55a7250f6b17640e0d14.png

So arguably the 2 best defenses we faced (Stony Brook - I know it feels weird to type that, and Houston) have held us under 200 yards rushing.  If that happens on Friday, it's game set match.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518

9 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We are 9-1 while playing imperfect and leading the nation in penalty yards and kicks blocked. That should say a lot for our current talent level. If we actually play a complete game i love our chances.