• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS hates it here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

33 minutes ago, nobullaboutit said:

Strange this thread would come up. Best friend in Kentucky called yesterday & said there is talk in Lexington that Strong was on the short list for the UF job.  Thought he was joking but he was serious. Wonder where that information was coming from. I admit he is not the coach I expected & has not proved one darn thing except his love for the word “execution “!

He's absolutely on the list of coaches UF is kicking around. What do you define as the the short list? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? It's pretty much Frost, Mullen, maaaaybe Chip Kelly, Matt Campbell, CCS, and then it's a crapshoot pulling up names of young coordinators from anywhere you can think of. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think recruiting may be way ahead of Holtz, but as far as game management and personnel management I see a lot of parallels. 

Neither understood nor knew how to use the unique athletes they inherited  

Both were high integrity guys that were well thought of, but really could not make good decisions when needed  Both seem clueless as to clock management .

Arkansas is 4-7  thats where i have him pegged to go.  May happen sooner than later  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Arkansas is 4-7  thats where i have him pegged to go.  May happen sooner than later  

That seems more likely than UF.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Arkansas isn’t a bad guess and they’re in my final 3 of where I think he gets a strong look. I think Ole Miss may take a serious look at him too in hopes that he can help rehab their image. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

If he wants to leave so be it. There are quality coordinators and younger coaches out there that would like to be our head coach. 

Whoever we hire needs to run a fast paced, high scoring spread offense that utilizes speed. In the Tampa Bay Area finding speed shouldn’t be an issue. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Gismo said:

With that attitude he won't be successful here and will be stuck here longer. 

He should have waited a year, there will be tons of openings this year he could be taken instead of USF. 

Just attended the Shula Bowl, and the popularity of their coach with their fanbase seems to be night and day compared to us. 'Course, that can change on Black Friday...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Just attended the Shula Bowl

Another lower tier faux "rivalry" game?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Another lower tier faux "rivalry" game?

Pretty entertaining. Liked the stadium. Like the offense Lane runs. We may be playing them in our bowl game..

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, wesleywillis said:

I'm hearing from a couple of my friends who work in athletics that it's clear Coach Strong doesn't like being here.  He sees it as a temporary position as he moves on to a "real" coaching job.   

In hindsight, it seems pretty evident with his comments earlier this year about fan support, but it's has become really apparent over the last couple games.  He's not made it a secret to other coaching staff and now some of the team knows.  

Hopefully they are wrong, but this isn't a good look.  

Nah, I've heard similar. I think the athletic department has made a push to cure those issues. 

My understanding is a lot of what they told him he would have and or get, wasn't readily available or planned. It was a lot of the same stuff Taggart had issues about.

That was a big reason for the recent football facility announcement.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

He's absolutely on the list of coaches UF is kicking around. What do you define as the the short list? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? It's pretty much Frost, Mullen, maaaaybe Chip Kelly, Matt Campbell, CCS, and then it's a crapshoot pulling up names of young coordinators from anywhere you can think of. 

I believe Florida is angling for Kelly. Strong is probably on some list as he's well respected up there. I can't see them signing him though.