• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Flowers passing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's something I noticed early on but have been focusing on it the last few games, when Q steps into his throws, his passes are really good.  The problem is, that way too often, he doesn't step into his throws.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Here's something I noticed early on but have been focusing on it the last few games, when Q steps into his throws, his passes are really good.  The problem is, that way too often, he doesn't step into his throws.

If Gilbert called plays that did not require him to step into his throws, we'd be a good team.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I agree, his accuracy has to be better next week... I do think that it looks worse than it is though. We have a lot of drops, I know, drops happen, but, it seems to happen to us a lot.

There were also 2 plays in a row last night where Q's passes looked AWFUL, but, I think the blame was actually on the WR. One was a second down and McCants was running some sort of in route at the hash. Q threw and the ball landed behind McCants, looked like Q missed him badly. What I think I saw was that there was a safety in the spot where McCants would have been in Q hit him in stride. Most offenses have some "option" to the route where if the WR and QB read that the defense is in a zone, the WR settles down into the zone rather than running their route into a defender. I'll never know if our offense is that sophisticated, or, if Q just missed badly, but, to me, it looked like Q expected Tyree to settle down into an area of the field that was open and pick up the first.

On 3rd down, I swear it was nearly the same play and the announcers even indicated that Q was telling the WR that they ran the wrong route.

My point is, for Gilbert to come out and kind of single out MVS as finally learning the offense, I wonder how many of Q's horrible throws are really that far off vs a receiver not reacting to the defense the way they should. I said in the in-game thread, but, one of the biggest differences between this year and last is our WR play... Drops, blocking, routes, coming back to Q when he's scrambling. All of it seems pretty bad. Some could be WR coach, could be that Q is so inaccurate that they don't know how to react, could be that they have seen Q make so many great plays that they are complacent, they are expecting him to make something happen.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I agree, his accuracy has to be better next week... I do think that it looks worse than it is though. We have a lot of drops, I know, drops happen, but, it seems to happen to us a lot.

There were also 2 plays in a row last night where Q's passes looked AWFUL, but, I think the blame was actually on the WR. One was a second down and McCants was running some sort of in route at the hash. Q threw and the ball landed behind McCants, looked like Q missed him badly. What I think I saw was that there was a safety in the spot where McCants would have been in Q hit him in stride. Most offenses have some "option" to the route where if the WR and QB read that the defense is in a zone, the WR settles down into the zone rather than running their route into a defender. I'll never know if our offense is that sophisticated, or, if Q just missed badly, but, to me, it looked like Q expected Tyree to settle down into an area of the field that was open and pick up the first.

On 3rd down, I swear it was nearly the same play and the announcers even indicated that Q was telling the WR that they ran the wrong route.

My point is, for Gilbert to come out and kind of single out MVS as finally learning the offense, I wonder how many of Q's horrible throws are really that far off vs a receiver not reacting to the defense the way they should. I said in the in-game thread, but, one of the biggest differences between this year and last is our WR play... Drops, blocking, routes, coming back to Q when he's scrambling. All of it seems pretty bad. Some could be WR coach, could be that Q is so inaccurate that they don't know how to react, could be that they have seen Q make so many great plays that they are complacent, they are expecting him to make something happen.

Stop making sense.  It's all about coach-hate and running these guys out of town.  They obviously don't want to be here.  :facepalm: 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

We have watched four years of Q's throws being inaccurate.  So either no one has recruited WRs that can run a route in four years, or at least some of it is due to the fact that Q can't throw.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Well played, sir.  

(I need a clap emoji)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

(I need a clap emoji)

We have had one, at least as long as I've been coming to this site.  

:applause:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

Did it look like last night when he felt pressure he stepped into the pressure instead of scrambling outside?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he was just having an emotional evening and he will be fine next week. See Temple game where is emotions were high and did not perform well. Seems simliar to last night.